Unraid problems

Kjetil

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a share I want to delete, that has one or two hidden files. Some DS_store or similar name. Is there any app that can help me delete hidden files so that I can delete a share ? 

Also, I have renamed one share. But still Plex finds the share by its old name. Why is that ?

4 hours ago, Kjetil said:

Also, I have renamed one share. But still Plex finds the share by its old name. Why is that ?

I am not sure what you mean by this. How did you rename the share? Are you sure Plex is able to access the files at the old name, or is it just showing the old name because you haven't changed the plex library.

4 hours ago, Kjetil said:

I have a share I want to delete, that has one or two hidden files. Some DS_store or similar name. Is there any app that can help me delete hidden files so that I can delete a share ? 

I don't remember anything specifically and since I don't mac it's not something I encounter myself. Those are easily deleted in Midnight Commander. They would be located in /mnt/user/<sharename>.

Is there something you can do on the mac end to prevent it from creating those hidden files?

5 hours ago, trurl said:

I am not sure what you mean by this. How did you rename the share? Are you sure Plex is able to access the files at the old name, or is it just showing the old name because you haven't changed the plex library.

I renamed the share in "shares" and renamed it. Yes, maybe it some old Plex file.. but not sure how to find and delete old Plex files/libraries...

49 minutes ago, Kjetil said:

I think these hidden files are from old folders I once had in Windows years ago.   Is Midnight Commander straight forward to use ? 

No, those hidden DS_ files are notoriously from apple OS. Windows doesn't make those.

47 minutes ago, Kjetil said:

I renamed the share in "shares" and renamed it.

Do you mean you renamed it in User Shares in the Unraid webUI?

47 minutes ago, Kjetil said:

Yes, maybe it some old Plex file.. but not sure how to find and delete old Plex files/libraries...

There isn't any old plex. This is a completely fresh install you are working with. If you renamed a user share in Unraid, then plex will not have any way to know that you renamed it. If you added a "library" in plex that accessed that share under the original share name, then that library will still be in plex, but since the path to it will not exist anymore, there won't be any actual media for that library to access. So, you would still be able to see the contents of that library in plex, such as any artwork and other information plex had downloaded and associated with the media. But the media files themselves are no longer at the location plex expects them to be. So if you attempted to actually play that media it wouldn't work.

I don't know if this clears anything up for you or not. Maybe I don't understand what you mean. Perhaps some screenshots from plex would help clarify.

49 minutes ago, Kjetil said:

Is Midnight Commander straight forward to use ?

46 minutes ago, Kjetil said:

Can not find Midnight commander in Apps...

I have been using Midnight Commander with Unraid long before there was an Apps page, and it is not on the Apps page. It is a builtin linux application that you have to start from the command line. Search Google for Midnight Commander and form your own opinion about whether or not it is straightforward to use.

10 hours ago, Kjetil said:

I have a share I want to delete, that has one or two hidden files. Some DS_store or similar name.

How do you know about those hidden files? What are you actually looking at that shows them to you?

Getting rid of those files could probably be handled with a single linux command if it were done correctly, but if done incorrectly it could get rid of things you don't intend. In order to suggest a linux command I would need to at least know what user share you are talking about. Probably we would work through it with multiple commands just to make sure we are doing it right.

• 3 weeks later...

Happy new year to all :) Hope you had a nice and peaceful Christmas celebration...

The unraid has behaved well since my last post, but now its acting up again and froze today.

I had to hard reset. Tried to use the terminal directly on the server, but it would not power off or

reboot. Nothing happened. I will add two diagnostics, taken right after two hard reset. Also photo

from the terminal on the server, messages displayed there (after this message displayed nothing

more happened). 

Does the diagnostics say anything about what happened ?

Also, Plex has worked stable, but seems slower than before (displaying the list of movies and tv shows).

IMG_1649.JPG

Archive.zip