Unraid problems

Kjetil

1 hour ago, trurl said:

I really wanted to see the Add Container page before you actually submitted it and added the container.

So did you reinstall Plex by selecting the "my-PlexMediaServer" template on the Add Container page?

Post your plex docker run command as explained in the very first link in the Docker FAQ:

https://forums.unraid.net/forums/topic/57181-real-docker-faq/

Since you don't have any plugins you won't have an Apps page. The very first thing you should install is the Community Applications plugin. It will give you the Apps page I was talking about and will make it easier to install other plugins and dockers.

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/38582-plug-in-community-applications/

I added Plex years ago, and I dont remember how it was done. It was so much info now that I am not sure how to proceed. Shall I install the Community Application plugin as the next step ?

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Kjetil said:

I added Plex years ago, and I dont remember how it was done.

OK, I see why you didn't follow my instructions to get plex reinstalled, it was already installed.

I thought I had probably asked you to delete docker image earlier when we were cleaning things up but reviewing the thread I see I didn't. That should probably be done before doing anything with docker.

Go to Settings - Docker, disable the docker service, and delete the docker image on that same page. Then enable it again to recreate docker image. Your docker will be gone but it is easily reinstalled from Previous Apps on the Apps page, after installing Community Applications.

Maybe corrupt docker image is the problem with plex and not a corrupt plex database in appdata.

Looks like you had 2 previous templates for plex, but they are both for the deprecated limetech plex docker. We can try them anyway though just to see what happens.

The one named PlexMediaServer is the one you had installed. Click on the "download" button, the downward arrow in the box for that one and that will launch the Add Container page I was talking about. Then, there will be a slider in the upper right of that page, move it from Basic to Advanced.

Then post a screenshot.

No, that is the screenshot for the Update Container page. You were supposed to select "Remove" from the dropdown. You must have selected "Edit" instead of "Remove".

34 minutes ago, Kjetil said:

I can only see remove shares for Plex. 

I don't know what you mean by this. I guess you mean Remove mappings on that page, but that is the wrong page.

15 minutes ago, itimpi said:

You need to click on the icon (not the name) to get the drop-down menu.

And another way you can get that same dropdown is by clicking on the icon for your plex in the Docker Container section on the Dashboard page. That is where I usually work with my dockers that are already installed.