unRAID with QNAP 10GbE NIC - Driver Problem?

Pedro85

Hello everyone,

I am trying to get my unRAID testing box up and running on my 10g network and I am having a problem.  I cannot seem to get the NIC online.  The card in question is:

QNAP QXG-10G1T Single-port (10Gbase-T) 10GbE network expansion card, PCIe Gen3 x4

I downloaded the linux driver from Aquantia (now Marvell).  The NIC controller is the AQC107.  I haven't gotten the system to recognize the NIC, but I have verified that it works.  So, I wanted to check here and see if I was doing something wrong or needed an unRAID dev team to include the driver in the next release?  I saw a post about only popular/requested drivers get included to save space so that made me curious.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Pedro85 said:

Hello everyone,

I am trying to get my unRAID testing box up and running on my 10g network and I am having a problem.  I cannot seem to get the NIC online.  The card in question is:

QNAP QXG-10G1T Single-port (10Gbase-T) 10GbE network expansion card, PCIe Gen3 x4

I downloaded the linux driver from Aquantia (now Marvell).  The NIC controller is the AQC107.  I haven't gotten the system to recognize the NIC, but I have verified that it works.  So, I wanted to check here and see if I was doing something wrong or needed an unRAID dev team to include the driver in the next release?  I saw a post about only popular/requested drivers get included to save space so that made me curious.

Thanks!

Driver should already be present.  Post diagnostics.zip from Tools/Diagnostics.

Alright, I still do not have the NIC showing up in the system device list nor where I can configure it in the UI.  Only eth0 shows up, which is my 1Gb NIC in the mobo.  The broadcom wireless NIC also shows up as a network controller under system devices. 

I have updated to unRAID 6.8.0, I have removed the NIC and re-tested it in a windows box (verified working), tried moving the NIC into a different PCIe port, verified the link lights are on when plugged in.

I have attached my diagnostic data.  Let me know if you want me to do a hardware profile also.

Thank you!!!

diagnostics.zip

• 1 year later...
4 hours ago, BartDG said:

Did you get it working in the end?  I'm also looking into upgrading my network to 10Gbit, and this card is a good candidate.

Sadly, not yet.  As it turned out, the NIC just straight up doesn’t work with my motherboard and doing the BIOS update didn’t help.  

I’m currently building up a replacement server with newer hardware and larger storage drives.  I have most of the hardware, just waiting on a cope things.  I’ll post full specs of the server once I get it built and tested.  

Hopefully in the next month or so.