We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

Docker add container - user template missing

Markdc

Hi. I stopped my docker services and deleted docker.img. I then started docker again and created docker.img in the same location. The appdata location were unchanged. When I add container -> select template, I dont see any user template. All my docker settings are still in the appdata folder. Thanks, I appreciate any help.

28 minutes ago, Markdc said:

I did a fresh install of version 6.8 on the flash drive. Kept the same cache drive that's why the appdata files are there. How can I use my existing docker configurations in the appdata?

If you did not keep the config folder off the old flash drive you will have wiped your templates as they are stored there.   If you have a backup from before you wiped the flash drive you should be able to retrieve the templates from there.     If you do not have that then you are going to have to recreate the templates.

24 minutes ago, Markdc said:

I mean, is it possible to copy the entire old config folder and replace the new config folder on the fresh install? Thanks.

Normally this works without any problem and is the recommended way to move all your settings to a new USB stick (or back to the same stick if you did a fresh install onto it).  The only caveat would be if you had corruption on the USB stick at the time you made the backup as that could mean one or more configuration files being corrupt.   

It is also important that you have not changed any disk assignments since making the backup as that can cause problems.

Another caveat is if that backup config folder was from a time when you had anything different regarding disk assignments.

Basically, the config folder is everything about your configuration that you set in the webUI. So if you copy that config to your new install you will be back to that old configuration in every respect.

Thank you! I did copy the entire config folder to the fresh 6.8 install and was able to add the dockers one-by-one through the 'add container' -> user template. I've got most of the dockers, like Plex, Sonarr, Radarr, working as they should, except for a few like letsencrypt and nextcloud. But I think I should be fine. Thank you for all the help.