Unstable unraid installation (loosing vms, loosing docker, btrfs critical.. )

Hi,

at first sorry for my bad english!

My plan was to build a new home server for my house. I need a stable NAS solution and some vms and docker containers so i tried unraid.

This ist my hardware config:

CPU: Athlon 240GE

Mainboard: Asus X370 Prime Pro (newest bios)

RAM: 16GB DDR4 2133Mhz

HDD: Some 4TB, 2TB IDE Drives (11TB sum)

After a restart my server is working without problems for a few days. Sometimes there are stopped docker containers and after a few days the unraid machine freezes. No ping, no web GUI ... nothing. After a hard reset unraid tries to check the parity. While working with the gui i see sometimes BTRFS Erros / critical / missing leaf etc.

Sometimes after a restart my Docker Containers and VMs are lost completely.

I didn't copy much  data until it works stable. So a reinstall ist possible.

I hope you can halb me making this great "thing" stable.

Thank you!

tower-diagnostics-20200126-0129.zip

28 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

Ryzen based CPUs on Linux can lock up due to issues with c-states, make sure bios is up to date, then look for "Power Supply Idle Control" (or similar) and set it to "typical current idle" (or similar), or completely disable C-sates.

More info here:
https://forums.unraid.net/bug-reports/prereleases/670-rc1-system-hard-lock-r354/

I will try.. i hope this also fixes my lost vm and docker issue. 

IMG_20200126_100531.jpg

after changing the bios settings i tried if this fixes my docker / kvm problems.. i reinstalled the docker containers and tried to install a debian vm. After some working with the vm i ran into the following issue again. I think after a restart there is no more docker /vm like before.

Maybe it is wrong to install the docker into appdata which uses my cache SSDs?

Docker Tab:

713073931_2020-01-2610_59_16-Window.thumb.png.836e828e45de3645fcfa3c3fef61a087.png

VM Tab:

1333824013_2020-01-2610_59_35-Window.png.434c17c8ca98340bb1e0b03eada69135.png

tower-diagnostics-20200126-1059.zip

36 minutes ago, itimpi said:

Definitely a RAM problem :(   Anything other than 0 errors when running the tests means you have a problem.

Sometimes it is just a case of reseating the RAM modules.   You could also try clocking them at a lower speed?

There is one of two RAM modules faulty.. The other one runs in memtest without a problem until now. I will send it back this week. Thank you.

Can you please tell me how the reformat the cache partition?