Newb VM question: Nothing happens when I start a VM

Just built my first unRAID server, got it up and running, was following SpaceInvaderOne's video on setting up a windows 10 VM as a daily driver.

I got VM's enabled, setup my first VM with my win10 and virtio isos and hit start and nothing happens.  No window pops up,  it just says the VM is started but then nothing else. If i hit VNC remote I just get taken to a UEFI Interactive Shell screen.

Shouldn't a window be popping up showing the Win 10 install process on my vm?

Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?

What I see when it's running (vnc window on right)

image.thumb.png.b3dad7198150b1439300b7e11b8f9132.png

Log from when i start it:

-smp 6,sockets=1,cores=6,threads=1 \
-uuid 7e41b9fa-e011-2a50-2da8-5d7b4c3c8979 \
-no-user-config \
-nodefaults \
-chardev socket,id=charmonitor,fd=33,server,nowait \
-mon chardev=charmonitor,id=monitor,mode=control \
-rtc base=localtime \
-no-hpet \
-no-shutdown \
-boot strict=on \
-device ich9-usb-ehci1,id=usb,bus=pci.0,addr=0x7.0x7 \
-device ich9-usb-uhci1,masterbus=usb.0,firstport=0,bus=pci.0,multifunction=on,addr=0x7 \
-device ich9-usb-uhci2,masterbus=usb.0,firstport=2,bus=pci.0,addr=0x7.0x1 \
-device ich9-usb-uhci3,masterbus=usb.0,firstport=4,bus=pci.0,addr=0x7.0x2 \
-device virtio-serial-pci,id=virtio-serial0,bus=pci.0,addr=0x4 \
-blockdev '{"driver":"file","filename":"/mnt/user/domains/Windows 10 Test/vdisk1.img","node-name":"libvirt-3-storage","cache":{"direct":false,"no-flush":false},"auto-read-only":true,"discard":"unmap"}' \
-blockdev '{"node-name":"libvirt-3-format","read-only":false,"cache":{"direct":false,"no-flush":false},"driver":"raw","file":"libvirt-3-storage"}' \
-device virtio-blk-pci,scsi=off,bus=pci.0,addr=0x5,drive=libvirt-3-format,id=virtio-disk2,bootindex=1,write-cache=on \
-blockdev '{"driver":"file","filename":"/mnt/user/isos/Win10_1909_English_x64.iso","node-name":"libvirt-2-storage","auto-read-only":true,"discard":"unmap"}' \
-blockdev '{"node-name":"libvirt-2-format","read-only":true,"driver":"raw","file":"libvirt-2-storage"}' \
-device ide-cd,bus=ide.0,unit=0,drive=libvirt-2-format,id=ide0-0-0,bootindex=2 \
-blockdev '{"driver":"file","filename":"/mnt/user/isos/virtio-win-0.1.173-2.iso","node-name":"libvirt-1-storage","auto-read-only":true,"discard":"unmap"}' \
-blockdev '{"node-name":"libvirt-1-format","read-only":true,"driver":"raw","file":"libvirt-1-storage"}' \
-device ide-cd,bus=ide.0,unit=1,drive=libvirt-1-format,id=ide0-0-1 \
-netdev tap,fd=35,id=hostnet0,vhost=on,vhostfd=36 \
-device virtio-net-pci,netdev=hostnet0,id=net0,mac=52:54:00:1f:11:95,bus=pci.0,addr=0x3 \
-chardev pty,id=charserial0 \
-device isa-serial,chardev=charserial0,id=serial0 \
-chardev socket,id=charchannel0,fd=37,server,nowait \
-device virtserialport,bus=virtio-serial0.0,nr=1,chardev=charchannel0,id=channel0,name=org.qemu.guest_agent.0 \
-device usb-tablet,id=input0,bus=usb.0,port=1 \
-vnc 0.0.0.0:0,websocket=5700 \
-k en-us \
-device qxl-vga,id=video0,ram_size=67108864,vram_size=67108864,vram64_size_mb=0,vgamem_mb=16,max_outputs=1,bus=pci.0,addr=0x2 \
-device virtio-balloon-pci,id=balloon0,bus=pci.0,addr=0x6 \
-sandbox on,obsolete=deny,elevateprivileges=deny,spawn=deny,resourcecontrol=deny \
-msg timestamp=on
2020-02-02 16:09:39.853+0000: Domain id=2 is tainted: high-privileges
2020-02-02 16:09:39.853+0000: Domain id=2 is tainted: host-cpu
char device redirected to /dev/pts/0 (label charserial0)

• 1 year later...

Sorry to dig this up, but I'm in the same boat. How do you even get into VNC at all? Is that something I have to install/configure separately, or is it built into unRAID? None of the tutorials or videos I've seen mention this step. It's like they expect us to just know it somehow... :/

37 minutes ago, Elmojo said:

Sorry to dig this up, but I'm in the same boat. How do you even get into VNC at all? Is that something I have to install/configure separately, or is it built into unRAID?

It's built in in unraid no need to install other things, in unraid in your vm tab, click on your vm icon and choose vnc viewer, this will open a new browser tab connecting to your vm screen. Obviously you need to configure your vm to use vnc for the graphics.

Edited by ghost82

Well how about that! For some reason, the first couple times I started the VM, I didn't get that "VM Remote" option, but now I see it.

I guess all I had to do was post here! You know, kinda like taking your car to the mechanic miraculously seems to fix that sound it's been making for the past 3 weeks... lol

Thanks, I'll all set now. :)

• Haha 1