Any way to suspend a docker during a certain action?

Netbug

So I've noticed that when my SABnzbd is doing post-download work (decompression), my CPU usage spikes to pretty much 100% on all cores. This is causing freezing on any stream I'm watching.

Is there any way to set the docker running SABnzbd to wait until there is no/little activity on the other dockers? Or, if that's not possible to automatically limit it to run at certain times (say 2300-1100) unless manually triggered to limit the impact?

Dockers: binhex-sabnzbd, PlexMediaServer, binhex-radarr, binhex-sonarr, EmbyServer

1 minute ago, Netbug said:

This looks like exactly what I'm trying to do.

So just to be clear, I could set the "Extra Parameters" of the binhex-sabnzbd in the "Advanced" view to "--cpu-shares=2" and that would limit that docker to only use 2 cores when other cores are in use. Is that correct?

The way to do this is to go into Edit mode on the docker and then switch to Advanced view  (at top right) to see the options for pinning the container to running only on specific CPUs

Not exactly.

You wanted to limit CPU resources of SAB when other docker apps want / need them.  

That setting sets Sab to be the absolute lowest priority of any given docker container.  Such that every container has priority over it (default cpu shares setting is 1024)

Sab can still use all the cores, but it runs at such a low priority when say Plex requires them that it shouldn't make a huge dent.

• 1 year later...
On 2/22/2020 at 2:48 PM, Squid said:

That setting sets Sab to be the absolute lowest priority of any given docker container.  Such that every container has priority over it (default cpu shares setting is 512)

I have been experimenting with "--cpu-shares" and it does not what I am intending to do. I read everywhere that the default value is 1024, are you sure it's 512? Is this some kind of special setting in unRaid or just a typo?