Unraid Web GUI freezes Goes Offline Randomly Then Comes Back Responsive Again

I recently moved my server into a closet. It was working fine beforehand. I simply moved it five feet from where it was sitting. Now since I moved it, the web gui has been locking up randomly. When it locks up I cannot access the Web GUI or any dockers. Then it comes back randomly, I log back in and everything works again for a couple minutes. Then the process repeats. It seems to lock up when I am doing tasks, such as starting up dockers. Transferring with filezilla etc. My setup is pretty simple, with 8 drives and 4 dockers running. No VMs.

I upgraded to 6.8.2, thought that was the problem so downgraded back to 6.8.1 and it still happens. I swapped with another mobo I had laying around and it still happens. I switched ethernet cords and rebooted my router and same results. Any ideas?

Lol the single diagnostics zip would have sufficed... It contains all of the above

Did you say you were copying files when this happened?  I've raised a bug report for the same thing.  System locks up and freezes, dockers stop working when copying files to the server cache

Not sure if related...

EDIT - Lots of CRC errors on ata4: SError: { UnrecovData 10B8B BadCRC }

Possible bad drive or cable.

Edited by sdamaged
7 minutes ago, sdamaged said:

Lol the single diagnostics zip would have sufficed... It contains all of the above

Did you say you were copying files when this happened?  I've raised a bug report for the same thing.  System locks up and freezes, dockers stop working when copying files to the server cache

Not sure if related...

Haha yeah sorry. It's fixed now, just the zip file. Yep, it happens when trying to download files from filezilla. But it also locks up on my randomly just browsing around the gui. This just started happening to me once I moved my server to my downstairs closet last week. Before that it was solid.

Hmm i think maybe moving the server has knocked the cable or the drive

Seeing some UDMA CRC Errors on the drive - SAMSUNG_HD204UI_S2H7J90B713375-20200226-0751 disk4 (sde)

ata4: SError: { UnrecovData HostInt 10B8B BadCRC }

I would turn it off, open it up and check all cables and connections.  The drive is also 3.8 years old, so possibly on its way out - just something to think about

Edited by sdamaged
1 minute ago, sdamaged said:

Hmm i think maybe moving the server has knocked the cable or the drive

Seeing some UDMA CRC Errors on the drive - SAMSUNG_HD204UI_S2H7J90B713375-20200226-0751 disk4 (sde)

I would turn it off, open it up and check all cables and connections

That's the thing. I swapped it out with a completely different motherboard yesterday and it's still acting the same. The CRC errors I was getting with this mobo when I was using it for unraid and I was having no issues then. I know for sure the cables are all secured because I made sure yesterday. Switching up the hardware did nothing to fix this so I'm at a loss.

OK, do you have a different SATA port, or a different drive to try?  I assume you're using SATA from the motherboard?

Also, maybe try swapping the cable / port from a good drive to the suspect one

See if the issue happens still. (process of elimination!)

Edited by sdamaged
3 minutes ago, sdamaged said:

OK, do you have a different SATA port, or a different drive to try?  I assume you're using SATA from the motherboard?

Also, maybe try swapping the cable / port from a good drive to the suspect one

See if the issue happens still. (process of elimination!)

I did swap up the port it was plugged into. The one change this time however was I got no CRC errors. Yeah, I am using the sata from the motherboard.

Yeah i'm wondering if the disks are an issue. I would pull disk 4 (it will then use the parity), and see if the freezing persists.  Then if all is OK, put that one back in (check parity is valid or you might have to let it rebuild) then move onto the next disk etc

Pain i know...!

Just to add, it could still be an unRAID issue, as i mentioned i have definitely found a bug which i raised the relevant part of the forum. Same resulting problem as you, everything drops off and stops working, all dockers etc.  This is happening on network copies for me - i see you mentioned using FileZilla as well...

Edited by sdamaged
7 hours ago, sdamaged said:

I would pull disk 4 (it will then use the parity), and see if the freezing persists.  Then if all is OK, put that one back in (check parity is valid or you might have to let it rebuild)

If there are any writes of any kind from anything to the emulated disk then it is definitely going to need to be rebuilt since the pulled disk will definitely be out--of-sync with parity.