Tearing apart external HD

Andrew307

I just got my unraid server online, ready to go!  I have 4 WD externals (3 Mybook essentials and 1 Mybook Elite).  I would like to integrate these into my server.  I plan on moving all the info from one drive onto the server, then opening up the external, removing the drive and putting in the server (with a wipe and parity check of course).  Rinse and repeat for the rest.

Has anybody done this with WD externals?  What drive do they have inside?  Thanks!

I just got my unraid server online, ready to go!  I have 4 WD externals (3 Mybook essentials and 1 Mybook Elite).  I would like to integrate these into my server.  I plan on moving all the info from one drive onto the server, then opening up the external, removing the drive and putting in the server (with a wipe and parity check of course).  Rinse and repeat for the rest.

Has anybody done this with WD externals?  What drive do they have inside?  Thanks!

It is usually a crap shot, but most of the time it works out just fine.  I have done it with a couple of drives I have gotten over the years.

Archived