Lost web UI but can ping, ssh, and winscp into host

After a restart sometime last week, I lost the ability to access the web UI of my unraid host. I can run Advanced IP Scanner and shows he host, hostname, and IP address as if it were still accessible. I can ping the host, access the host via SSH, and access via winSCP. However, no access to the web UI at all. So none of my docker containers are currently working.

Any help would be appreciated.

@Squid - looks like I can't access the USB. Have tried it in a Win10 PC and now a Mac as well. I have a Ubuntu laptop but have not tried that. Unless that'll be easier to get the /config folder later.

What would be the next step in order to retrieve the /config folder if possible?

image.thumb.png.4ff97a0674af721d0c9545b9c8ba284e.png

Also, I did a restart of the machine and now I can't get the machine to boot up at all. No access to SSH anymore.. I have added a screenshot above.

Supermicro X8DTL-3F motherboard

MVIMG_20200411_162733.jpg

@Squid -  I used Cisdem for Mac and have the following:

image.png.592b93162d87f34d00664b46e6959b46.png

image.png.21bdb78f569cbf19cf20daad2f5076df.png

image.png.65fa3d5f63df310f2804e7723bc49aa4.png

Looks like the zip files contain some older setups. Would this be useful for a recovery?

image.png.92101380e91d2881ac45f95d55bea798.png

Unfortunately, I can't find anything useful in this format. I'm not sure if it was recovered properly or not. I also have one from October 2019 so a little more recent.

What should be the next step?

- Create a new USB boot drive?

- How would I recover the license?

- How would I recover my configuration for the docker containers and things like that?

- How would I recover the data on my array?

Thanks

I have no idea what you're using there, so you're better off than me there.

Since the drive isn't readable under normal means at all, I'd go with Create a new drive

Contact Limetech (https://unraid.net/contact) to recover your licence.  In the meantime, you can set the stick up as a trial.

You're going to have to reassign your drives.  If you don't know what was what, then assign everything as data drive.  Whatever comes up as unmountable was your parity drive(s).  If you have more than 1 unmountable drive and were only working from a single parity drive then stop and ask here for more help.

The docker containers already installed will be up and running as-is.  You will not however be able to "edit" them or hit the webUI from the context menu.  The data the system needs for that is on the flash drive.  Any chance you have a backup of the flash drive or were running the appdata plugin?

1 hour ago, Squid said:

You're going to have to reassign your drives.  If you don't know what was what, then assign everything as data drive.  Whatever comes up as unmountable was your parity drive(s).  If you have more than 1 unmountable drive and were only working from a single parity drive then stop and ask here for more help.

@Squid Is this just "Disk 1, Disk 2, etc.."?

1 hour ago, Squid said:

The docker containers already installed will be up and running as-is.  You will not however be able to "edit" them or hit the webUI from the context menu.  The data the system needs for that is on the flash drive.  Any chance you have a backup of the flash drive or were running the appdata plugin?

I do not have a backup of the USB unfortunately.

Edited by mebrunner24

Assign it as a data drive.  If it comes up as unmountable, then it was your parity drive.  The reassign it as parity.  

These were your assignments when you last posted a diagnostics (Dec 2018)  Only you would know if this is still valid.

image.png.e6d16b20b5ea56273aafb7e3bc5cd73a.png

Note that your parity was assigned as parity 2, not parity.  There is a difference.

19 minutes ago, mebrunner24 said:

I have added the disks as they were in a 2019 setup. I do not have a disk 2 anymore

I'm unclear. Are you saying the disks are exactly the same as they were right before the flash drive broke or not?

If the assignments are exactly the same, then check parity is valid. If not, you will have to rebuild parity from scratch, which is what the warning is saying.

Unraid has no way of knowing whether the assignments are correct, so by default it will rebuild parity, overwriting that drive. If you tell it, yes, I assigned everything the way it was, then it will assume parity is correct and simply check it instead of overwriting it.

If you want to move drives around to use the parity slot instead of parity2 and change data slot numbers so disk2 is no longer empty you could that now, however parity would no longer be valid and need to be created from scratch. Only drives assigned to parity slots are overwritten though, your data would still be intact.

On 4/11/2020 at 6:45 PM, Squid said:

@Squid - I was able to get up and running thanks to you and @jonathanm. However, as you mentioned previously I'm unable to edit or use the webUI of he docker containers. I had a backup from the CA appdata backup from 3/29/2020. I did a restore of that but it still does not allow me to edit or view the webUI.

What can I do to get that functionality back?

You need a copy of the flash drive backup.  If you had a copy of the appdata backup, you may have also configured CA to do a flash drive backup to the array.  You need to grab a copy of the folder /config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user from the back up and put it on the flash drive.

If that doesn't exist, then ultimately what you're going to have to do is take a screen shot of the docker tab, with all the ports / paths all showing, then delete the containers and re-add them via Apps and re-enter in the appropriate values.  (ie: configure from scratch).  You won't lose your appdata though...