PlexMediaServer not working after update

I updated my PlexMediaServer docker yesterday morning and now Plex will not connect to the server.

I noticed after the update that Port box has disappeared and when I look at Deployed host ports, that plexmediaserver is in Red with no port number next to it. I manually added the port 32400, but it’s still in red.

Can someone help me get this functioning again?  I have version 6.3.5 of unraid.

071A10F3-6784-4B25-BC5B-89B69AFD0743.jpeg

E762B4CB-DFAB-42FB-A2CC-753AF671D6A7.jpeg

1 hour ago, razorblaydesjr said:

I updated my PlexMediaServer docker yesterday morning and now Plex will not connect to the server.

I noticed after the update that Port box has disappeared and when I look at Deployed host ports, that plexmediaserver is in Red with no port number next to it. I manually added the port 32400, but it’s still in red.

Can someone help me get this functioning again?  I have version 6.3.5 of unraid.

Limetech Plex is deprecated and no longer supported.  It is highly recommended that you move to the Linuxserver or Binhex Plex container in order to get support in these forums.

Many users of the Limetech Plex container began experiencing problems the last couple of months and have made the move to another container.

You will find the video below helpful in making the transition.

Edited by Hoopster
38 minutes ago, Hoopster said:

Limetech Plex is deprecated and no longer supported.  It is highly recommended that you move to the Linuxserver or Binhex Plex container in order to get support in these forums.

Many users of the Limetech Plex container began experiencing problems the last couple of months and have made the move to another container.

You will find the video below helpful in making the transition.

Thank you for the response.

it seems like part of my issue is that I’m using and old version of unraid as well 6.3.5

I’ve just tried to update but it appears the update file is not longer available! Does anyone know how I can update my unraid OS?  Thank you again.

ADB139AD-1C24-4218-BC63-3982AB3B7A42.jpeg

It is always possible to do a manual upgrade (or downgrade) by downloading the zip file for the release from the Unraid site and extracting all the bz* type files into the root of the flash drive overwriting the versions already there.

it is a good idea to make a backup of the flash drive before doing this just in case you want to revert to your current release.

5 minutes ago, razorblaydesjr said:

I’ve just tried to update but it appears the update file is not longer available! Does anyone know how I can update my unraid OS?  Thank you again.

Here is a forum thread about things to consider when upgrading. There is a section on upgrading from 6.3.5 and some things you need to be aware of.

Yes, things have changed.  There is no longer a plugin for upgrading.  It is now done under Tools-->Update OS (once you update from 6.3.5 to 6.8.3).

Okay, thanks for the help everyone. I’ve been able to upgrade the OS to 6.8.3

I’m not sure what’s going on, but I can’t pull up any Apps. When I go there it’s blank and when I go to search it says No Matching Content Found.  Anyone know why none of the Apps are showing up?  Is there a link to manually add the Plex Docker?  Thanks again everyone.

98C2040A-D84D-4744-AD3D-5896B4EB34DD.jpeg

25 minutes ago, trurl said:

Are all your plugins up to date?

They weren't.  The Apps tab is working now after updating all plugins.

I've had my server up and running for 2-1/2 years and haven't touched it except for a couple of reboots during storms or to update the Plex docker.  A bunch as changed with the OS and I just didn't pay attention.  I'll be checking for updates periodically now so I don't run into this issue again in the future.

Now I just have to get the Plex docker transferred to the new Plex docker.  Finger crossed!