SSD going missing after x hours

Hello,

Okay, so what is happening is the following. Every so often my Plex SSD will go missing, this SSD is hooked up through UAD, with auto-mount & share enabled. Passthrough is disabled. It is hooked up through a PCIe card and so is my cache card (which doesn't go missing) so I feel like the issue isn't the PCIe card...

When it goes missing unraid keeps running and says it can't find the SSD, only way to fix it is rebooting the entire server... (I will be posting logs once the SSD goes missing so you can check that out)

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT 1: Don't delete this thread, I'm still trying to catch the error but my server will randomly reboot as well which makes it harder catching it actually missing...

Edited by TristanDK
read edit
16 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

We need the diagnostics after it goes missing and before rebooting.

Yea, will be posting them as soon as the SSD goes missing again... The thing is sometimes it goes missing after 25 min, sometimes after 46 hours...

On 5/13/2020 at 12:20 PM, johnnie.black said:

We need the diagnostics after it goes missing and before rebooting.

Alright, I was finally able to catch the SSD missing... The drive we are talking about is KINGSTON_SA400S37240G_50026B76825A9284 (Plex_ssd)

Diagnostics included are from when SSD went missing... Normally I would just reboot right now and it would show up again..

tower-diagnostics-20200525-0941.zip

30 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

It dropped offline, most likely a connection issue, replace both cables.

I have already replaced the cable a few times just to be sure. The problem remains... The PCIe card can't be the problem either as the other SSD connected to it works perfectly. (I've also tried switching port on the PCIe card)

31 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

Try a different controller, sometimes there's a compatibility issue.

It didn't have this issue the first couple of months running unraid though... Beside the server randomly crashing every couple of hours it didn't have the SSD going missing issue...

10 hours ago, trurl said:

And make sure nothing is pulling on the connection. The cables must have enough slack so the connector sits square and is not disturbed. Also, don't bundle SATA cables.

Can confirm nothing is pulling the cable. Too lazy to do my cable management so they're all loose inside the case haha. 

On 5/25/2020 at 3:35 PM, Spies said:

Could you try connecting it to the motherboard SATA instead?

I can do that! That way we could rule out the SSD being the problem.