Are my drives working correct?

Hi there,

So I've recently setup unraid (minimal configs) and I was looking at my drive info. I am now wondering if my 4 drives are actually working as 1 array?

I am looking under the drive, under the balance status section.

On the first two drives I see something like this:

Data, RAID1: total=42.00GiB, used=22.09GiB System, RAID1: total=32.00MiB, used=16.00KiB Metadata, RAID1: total=1.00GiB, used=20.09MiB GlobalReserve, single: total=16.00MiB, used=0.00B

What puzzles me is the RAID1 descriptions?

I have also noticed that these two drives (Drive 1 and Drive 2) appear to always been Green/online together. Now that could be just by luck but it seems notable given the RAID1 description. I do not recall ever seeing "raid" like options when I set this up.

The next two, Drive 3 and  Drive 4 are listed:

Data, single: total=8.00MiB, used=256.00KiB System, DUP: total=8.00MiB, used=16.00KiB Metadata, DUP: total=1.00GiB, used=112.00KiB GlobalReserve, single: total=16.00MiB, used=0.00B

To be clear all 4 drives are supposed to be acting as 1 single array with 1 parity drive (not mentioned above)

Hoping someone can help explain what I am seeing here and confirm what I have should be just a simple 4 drive + parity array. I do not desire any sort of RAID 1 mirror if that is in fact what has happened? ...if it is, is there a way to fix this to not be a raid1?

edit: attached a screen shot of the two drives. The data usage seems to support the raid1 idea as they look pretty identical. :(

Hoping for some help.

Cheers!

unraid_raid1.PNG

Edited by qwaven
screenshot

I didn't realize you were talking about the array devices, I don't know how you accomplished that but currently there's no disk2, disk1 is disk1+disk2 in raid1, possibly those devices were used on the cache pool before and not properly wiped, since there's not much data easier to wipe them and start over.

Hi there,

Thanks for the replies. I've attempted to do the above by moving everything to cache. However I encountered a lot of issues trying to format the "raid" drives.

As nothing here was terribly critical I ended up clicking the "new config" option to reset my array config. I rebuilt my array using some other drives from the array and they seem to be working properly in a non-raid1 way. :)

I was able to mount the previous cache drive using unassigned devices and copy my cached data back. However my docker settings were gone.

So my question now, is there a way for me to export my entire docker config and image running? It appears that even with caching set to prefer this would not have retained everything needed for docker.

I've been re thinking things again and I will likely need to do a new array again so ideally it would be nice if I can retain my docker settings.

Thoughts?