Plex stopping right after starting (Resolved)

My Plex container appeared to crash and I cannot determine why or what the exact issue is. I am running unraid 6.8.3 and the latest version of plex. I have not seen any issues in the many months of running container.

[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
[cont-init.d] 40-plex-first-run: executing...
[cont-init.d] 40-plex-first-run: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 45-plex-hw-transcode-and-connected-tuner: executing...
[cont-init.d] 45-plex-hw-transcode-and-connected-tuner: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 50-plex-update: executing...
[cont-init.d] 50-plex-update: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
Starting Plex Media Server.
[services.d] done.
Stopping Plex Media Server.
kill: usage: kill [-s sigspec | -n signum | -sigspec] pid | jobspec ... or kill -l [sigspec]
kill: usage: kill [-s sigspec | -n signum | -sigspec] pid | jobspec ... or kill -l [sigspec]

Maybe I am not finding the right documents from past posts but from what I have gathered copying appdata (MEDIA01\appdata\PlexMediaServer) and deleting the current one can resolve the issue. If so, adding it back should work unless the data is corrupt in the first place. 

Capture.PNG

UPDATE: Resolved. I had to use a past db files to resolve my issue. This was done through MC (Midnight Commander). See below for all that I did with the help of this great community.

Special thanks to all that helped me and help others. This was honestly the selling point for me to switch to unraid. The community!

Edited by Gobananas
Resolution

So while searching for an answer I found this:
\\MEDIA01\appdata\PlexMediaServer\Library\Application Support\Plex Media Server\Logs
Jul 29, 2020 17:18:59.818 [0x1510c829b700] INFO - Plex Media Server v1.19.5.3112-b23ab3896 - Docker Docker Container x86_64 - build: linux-x86_64 debian - GMT -05:00
Jul 29, 2020 17:18:59.818 [0x1510c829b700] INFO - Linux version: 4.19.107-Unraid, language: C
Jul 29, 2020 17:18:59.818 [0x1510c829b700] INFO - Processor        Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2643 0 @ 3.30GHz
Jul 29, 2020 17:18:59.818 [0x1510c829b700] INFO - /usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Plex Media Server
Jul 29, 2020 17:18:59.809 [0x1510d13cc740] DEBUG - BPQ: [Idle] -> [Starting]
Jul 29, 2020 17:18:59.813 [0x1510d13cc740] DEBUG - FeatureManager: Using cached data for features list
Jul 29, 2020 17:18:59.815 [0x1510d13cc740] DEBUG - Opening 20 database sessions to library (com.plexapp.plugins.library), SQLite 3.26.0, threadsafe=1
Jul 29, 2020 17:18:59.823 [0x1510d13cc740] ERROR - SQLITE3:(nil), 11, database corruption at line 66053 of [bf8c1b2b7a]
Jul 29, 2020 17:18:59.823 [0x1510d13cc740] ERROR - SQLITE3:(nil), 11, database disk image is malformed in "PRAGMA cache_size=2000"
Jul 29, 2020 17:18:59.824 [0x1510d13cc740] ERROR - Database corruption: sqlite3_statement_backend::prepare: database disk image is malformed for SQL: PRAGMA cache_size=2000

Seems like my database is corrupt. Can anyone shine any light on what is going on? 

5 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

Try changing the container path mapping from /mnt/user/appdata/PlexMediaServer to /mnt/diskX/appdata/PlexMediaServer where X is the disk number where appdata actually resides, if it's on the cache use /mnt/cache/appdata/PlexMediaServer

Thank you for the suggestion. I see no effect though.

Here are the logs right after I tried:
[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
[cont-init.d] 40-plex-first-run: executing...
Plex Media Server first run setup complete
[cont-init.d] 40-plex-first-run: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 45-plex-hw-transcode-and-connected-tuner: executing...
[cont-init.d] 45-plex-hw-transcode-and-connected-tuner: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 50-plex-update: executing...
[cont-init.d] 50-plex-update: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
[services.d] done.

Edited by Gobananas
22 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

Did you replace the corrupted database with a backup before starting the container with the new settings?

I did not. Where would I find the backup db files? I am searching...

UPDATE: \\MEDIA01\appdata\PlexMediaServer\Library\Application Support\Plex Media Server\Plug-in Support\Databases

Capture3.PNG

Edited by Gobananas
Found it

I am using https://support.plex.tv/articles/202485658-restore-a-database-backed-up-via-scheduled-tasks/ guide to restore the db. Per the image below I plan on removing the yellow highlighted and renaming the blue arrows but I cannot remove anything due to the permissions issue that I need to figure out now. I have created a backup of the whole folder as well.

Capture4.PNG

Edited by Gobananas
spelling
  • Like 1

Trurl,

I looked at both krusader and mc. MC was much easier for me. Thank you for that! 

For anyone looking into this:
open the command prompt in unraid and type mc. 1-10 for the interface options on the bottom are F keys. So F8 to delete and F6 to copy/rename.

I removed the files like mentioned above and used F6 to move the file to the same folder with the proper name. 

I used https://www.linode.com/docs/tools-reference/tools/how-to-install-midnight-commander/ to learn about it for the first time.

After I rename both files (blue arrows in my image a couple posts up) to the right name I started my container back up and it worked like a charm.

I hope this helps others in the future.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1