[SOLVED] Some of my Shares have disappeared

Hey there –

Looks like after an ungraceful shutdown (power outage, UPS died), some of my shares have disappeared (edit: from the Shares tab / everywhere). To my novice eye, it looks like all shares that don't use the cache (e.g., media).

I have rebooted a couple of times, made sure to lower my cache's utilization (in case that was related), run Fix Common Problems, and tried to fix permissions, just to see if any of the high-level stuff would help – no improvement.

Files from relevant shares continue to exist on drives (thankfully).

Attached diagnostics (edit: removed since the issue was resolved). Would appreciate anyone's input into the cause or remedy.

Edited by Refrigerator

Hey, @johnnie.black –

That did the trick, thank you very much. I don't remember excluding them, but it seems like a weird config to change sporadically on a reboot without intervention. I could imagine it might have been something I adjusted when I was toggling on and off specific actual direct disk shares at some point during the previously months of uptime.

Really appreciate the quick response; it was driving me bananas.

Cheers!

• Like 1
  • JorgeB changed the title to [SOLVED] Some of my Shares have disappeared
4 minutes ago, trurl said:

Make sure you don't mix disks and user shares when moving or copying.

Yeah, for sure. Thank you for the tip. I don't remember why I was experimenting with this, I think it might have been specifically so I could manage the cache's files a bit more directly and broadly as the whole disk (since I was starting to see high utilization rates), but I don't remember the intricacies – either way, I am not messing around with those 😅.

Apart from this odd issue, it's been smooth sailing.