Can reverse proxy affect my W10 VM?

SPOautos

I have a Windows 10 VM that I havent started in a week or so but it had been working perfect and very stable. I even ran speed tests on it which stressed the CPU and GPU to benchmark them....it was all running excellent. Something I have changed over the past week has affected the VM and now it wont boot up. When starting it goes into the blue screen where it has options for trouble shooting or power off and I cant find any way to get it to boot up.

I setup reverse proxy with Swag for Nextcloud and also have Sonarr, Radarr, Lidarr, SAB running through the reverse proxy.  I don't see how it could be affecting a W10VM but maybe something going on behind the scenes that I don't understand???

OHHH, I also have my network cards configured differently since then where I bonded Eth0 and Eth1 together making "br0".

In my VM I just tried br0 and virbr0 but neither made a difference....however could this be affecting it??  Do I need to add "new route" in the routing table of the network module?

22 minutes ago, SPOautos said:

I have a Windows 10 VM that I havent started in a week or so but it had been working perfect and very stable. I even ran speed tests on it which stressed the CPU and GPU to benchmark them....it was all running excellent. Something I have changed over the past week has affected the VM and now it wont boot up. When starting it goes into the blue screen where it has options for trouble shooting or power off and I cant find any way to get it to boot up.

I setup reverse proxy with Swag for Nextcloud and also have Sonarr, Radarr, Lidarr, SAB running through the reverse proxy.  I don't see how it could be affecting a W10VM but maybe something going on behind the scenes that I don't understand???

What version of unraid do you use and what is your cpu ? 

1 hour ago, rachid596 said:

What version of unraid do you use and what is your cpu ? 

version 6.8.3 and the cpu is a Xeon e5-2690 v3

Its been working fine, I even had the GPU passed through (Radeon RX580) and have used them a lot and started/stopped the VM many times.

Edited by SPOautos

I downloaded a VM log but I'm not sure how to put it in here where it retains its color coded lines.....I'm apparently forum handicapped  lol

Here is a section of the log that was red to show that its a Error.......

libusb: error [do_close] Device handle closed while transfer was still being processed, but the device is still connected as far as we know
libusb: error [do_close] A cancellation hasn't even been scheduled on the transfer for which the device is closing
libusb: error [do_close] Device handle closed while transfer was still being processed, but the device is still connected as far as we know
libusb: error [do_close] A cancellation hasn't even been scheduled on the transfer for which the device is closing

Edited by SPOautos

Windows 10.xmlAlso, this is my XML from the VM. It has a few places that look odd to me and they are based around USB which that error above seems related to something with the USB.  It looks like row 142/143 would be conflicting with the items in rows 145-155 since they are on the same bus and slot.  Also not sure why items on rows 140 and 143 have function higher than 0 when they don't seem to be under a multifunction device.

Should any of that be adjusted?

*EDIT* How can I get my full VM XML to show up on here with the color and line numbers? I can do screen shots but I'd need to do a hanful, it seems like there is somewhat that everyone gets stuff like that to show up, but no idea how.

Edited by SPOautos
1 hour ago, civic95man said:

Sounds more like the disk image for the windows VM was corrupted.  Diagnostics would help see if it's a hardware or software related issue

Can you give me a little more specifics on what you think I should post and how to post it lol.  I'm trying to post the VM XML but cant seem to get it to show up in a post the way others do where it shows the color and line numbers.  I also have a log and it does show a error, I put it in a post a few posts up.

But what else should I include? I just downloaded "Diagnostics" in a zip folder....what part of it do you think would be most beneficial? Its several folders.

Thanks!

Edited by SPOautos

Well I've gone about as far as I can with this....I'm not sure what it going on. I've tried changing several different settings. Not sure what the issue is.

Hoping someone can look at some of this that I posted and give me ideas of directions to look into. I REALLY dont want to have to delete it and start over from scratch, reinstalling Windows, getting it all setup, downloading updates, etc.  I'd prefer to just figure out what is wrong with this one and get it going.

14 hours ago, SPOautos said:

But what else should I include? I just downloaded "Diagnostics" in a zip folder....what part of it do you think would be most beneficial? Its several folders.

Just attach the entire zip file as that contains everything to troubleshoot your issue.

3 hours ago, jonathanm said:

Try creating a new VM, but select the current vdisk. It's the equivalent of moving a hard drive to a new tower.

That is a good first step to try to troubleshoot and fix the issue, since you won't wipe you win10 install. 

14 hours ago, SPOautos said:

How can I get my full VM XML to show up on here with the color and line numbers?

you need to embed the text/xml with the [</>] button at the top of the comment box.  That will format and highlight the text based on the chosen syntax

8 hours ago, jonathanm said:

Try creating a new VM, but select the current vdisk. It's the equivalent of moving a hard drive to a new tower.

Before I ask these stupid questions, let me paint the scene a bit....I'm not a 'computer guy'....prior to a month ago I'd never even heard of a VM and didn't know it existed. Unraid, servers, VM's, networking.....all this stuff is very new to me so please overlook this ridiculous question  lol

Okay, so to clarify.....I think I would need to delete my current VM before I can create a new one, right? Then in the new one, I would point it to mnt/user/domains/Windows 10/vdisk1.img  <--- that is what is listed in my current VM in the field "Primary vDisk Location:" its set to "auto" but then in gray, out to the side it shows that pathway.  

When I do that, it will keep my windows and everything with programs/updates I had installed in Windows, ect? All I need to do is create the new one and redo the settings in the template, correct?

I ask about deleting the old one because when I tried to create a new one I got a error saying "

VM creation error

operation failed: domain 'Windows 10' already exists with uuid 09cbf08a-64ac-043f-8c29-115e7e5b5fb6"

So I'm guessing I need to delete the old one before I can create a new one.

Lastly.....what do you guys suggest as the template option for "usb controller"?  Do most people have better luck using the 2.0 EHCI or the 3.0 XHCI in either the qemu or nec?   

Edited by SPOautos
4 hours ago, civic95man said:

Just attach the entire zip file as that contains everything to troubleshoot your issue.

That is a good first step to try to troubleshoot and fix the issue, since you won't wipe you win10 install. 

you need to embed the text/xml with the [</>] button at the top of the comment box.  That will format and highlight the text based on the chosen syntax

THANK YOU

Here is the diagnostics zip folder.....

tower-diagnostics-20200930-1858.zip

Here is the XML for the VM.... it doesnt have the lines numbered, but its better than copy paste!  lol

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<domain type='kvm'>
  <name>Windows 10</name>
  <uuid>09cbf08a-64ac-043f-8c29-115e7e5b5fb6</uuid>
  <metadata>
    <vmtemplate xmlns="unraid" name="Windows 10" icon="windows.png" os="windows10"/>
  </metadata>
  <memory unit='KiB'>19398656</memory>
  <currentMemory unit='KiB'>19398656</currentMemory>
  <memoryBacking>
    <nosharepages/>
  </memoryBacking>
  <vcpu placement='static'>20</vcpu>
  <cputune>
    <vcpupin vcpu='0' cpuset='2'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='1' cpuset='14'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='2' cpuset='3'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='3' cpuset='15'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='4' cpuset='4'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='5' cpuset='16'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='6' cpuset='5'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='7' cpuset='17'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='8' cpuset='6'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='9' cpuset='18'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='10' cpuset='7'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='11' cpuset='19'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='12' cpuset='8'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='13' cpuset='20'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='14' cpuset='9'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='15' cpuset='21'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='16' cpuset='10'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='17' cpuset='22'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='18' cpuset='11'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='19' cpuset='23'/>
  </cputune>
  <os>
    <type arch='x86_64' machine='pc-q35-4.2'>hvm</type>
    <loader readonly='yes' type='pflash'>/usr/share/qemu/ovmf-x64/OVMF_CODE-pure-efi.fd</loader>
    <nvram>/etc/libvirt/qemu/nvram/09cbf08a-64ac-043f-8c29-115e7e5b5fb6_VARS-pure-efi.fd</nvram>
  </os>
  <features>
    <acpi/>
    <apic/>
    <hyperv>
      <relaxed state='on'/>
      <vapic state='on'/>
      <spinlocks state='on' retries='8191'/>
      <vendor_id state='on' value='none'/>
    </hyperv>
  </features>
  <cpu mode='host-passthrough' check='none'>
    <topology sockets='1' cores='10' threads='2'/>
    <cache mode='passthrough'/>
  </cpu>
  <clock offset='localtime'>
    <timer name='hypervclock' present='yes'/>
    <timer name='hpet' present='no'/>
  </clock>
  <on_poweroff>destroy</on_poweroff>
  <on_reboot>restart</on_reboot>
  <on_crash>restart</on_crash>
  <devices>
    <emulator>/usr/local/sbin/qemu</emulator>
    <disk type='file' device='disk'>
      <driver name='qemu' type='raw' cache='writeback'/>
      <source file='/mnt/user/domains/Windows 10/vdisk1.img'/>
      <target dev='hdc' bus='virtio'/>
      <boot order='1'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x04' slot='0x00' function='0x0'/>
    </disk>
    <disk type='file' device='cdrom'>
      <driver name='qemu' type='raw'/>
      <source file='/mnt/user/isos/Windows10Pro ISO.iso'/>
      <target dev='hda' bus='sata'/>
      <readonly/>
      <boot order='2'/>
      <address type='drive' controller='0' bus='0' target='0' unit='0'/>
    </disk>
    <disk type='file' device='cdrom'>
      <driver name='qemu' type='raw'/>
      <source file='/mnt/user/isos/virtio-win-0.1.173-2.iso'/>
      <target dev='hdb' bus='sata'/>
      <readonly/>
      <address type='drive' controller='0' bus='0' target='0' unit='1'/>
    </disk>
    <controller type='usb' index='0' model='ich9-ehci1'>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x07' function='0x7'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='usb' index='0' model='ich9-uhci1'>
      <master startport='0'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x07' function='0x0' multifunction='on'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='usb' index='0' model='ich9-uhci2'>
      <master startport='2'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x07' function='0x1'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='usb' index='0' model='ich9-uhci3'>
      <master startport='4'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x07' function='0x2'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='0' model='pcie-root'/>
    <controller type='pci' index='1' model='pcie-root-port'>
      <model name='pcie-root-port'/>
      <target chassis='1' port='0x8'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x01' function='0x0' multifunction='on'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='2' model='pcie-root-port'>
      <target chassis='2' port='0x9'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x01' function='0x1'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='3' model='pcie-root-port'>
      <target chassis='3' port='0xa'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x01' function='0x2'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='4' model='pcie-root-port'>
      <target chassis='4' port='0xb'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x01' function='0x3'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='5' model='pcie-root-port'>
      <target chassis='5' port='0xc'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x01' function='0x4'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='6' model='pcie-root-port'>
      <target chassis='6' port='0xd'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x01' function='0x5'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='7' model='pcie-root-port'>
      <target chassis='7' port='0xe'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x01' function='0x6'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='8' model='pcie-root-port'>
      <target chassis='8' port='0xf'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x01' function='0x7'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='9' model='pcie-to-pci-bridge'>
      <model name='pcie-pci-bridge'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x01' slot='0x00' function='0x0'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='10' model='pcie-root-port'>
      <target chassis='10' port='0x10'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x02' function='0x0'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='virtio-serial' index='0'>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x02' slot='0x00' function='0x0'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='sata' index='0'>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x1f' function='0x2'/>
    </controller>
    <interface type='bridge'>
      <mac address='52:54:00:1c:16:7a'/>
      <source bridge='virbr0'/>
      <model type='virtio'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x03' slot='0x00' function='0x0'/>
    </interface>
    <serial type='pty'>
      <target type='isa-serial' port='0'>
        <model name='isa-serial'/>
      </target>
    </serial>
    <console type='pty'>
      <target type='serial' port='0'/>
    </console>
    <channel type='unix'>
      <target type='virtio' name='org.qemu.guest_agent.0'/>
      <address type='virtio-serial' controller='0' bus='0' port='1'/>
    </channel>
    <input type='tablet' bus='usb'>
      <address type='usb' bus='0' port='1'/>
    </input>
    <input type='mouse' bus='ps2'/>
    <input type='keyboard' bus='ps2'/>
    <sound model='ich9'>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x08' function='0x0'/>
    </sound>
    <hostdev mode='subsystem' type='pci' managed='yes'>
      <driver name='vfio'/>
      <source>
        <address domain='0x0000' bus='0x01' slot='0x00' function='0x0'/>
      </source>
      <rom file='/mnt/user/isos/rx580 rom bios/Asus.RX580.8192.171125.rom'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x05' slot='0x00' function='0x0' multifunction='on'/>
    </hostdev>
    <hostdev mode='subsystem' type='pci' managed='yes'>
      <driver name='vfio'/>
      <source>
        <address domain='0x0000' bus='0x01' slot='0x00' function='0x1'/>
      </source>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x05' slot='0x00' function='0x1'/>
    </hostdev>
    <hostdev mode='subsystem' type='usb' managed='no'>
      <source>
        <vendor id='0x046d'/>
        <product id='0xc52b'/>
      </source>
      <address type='usb' bus='0' port='2'/>
    </hostdev>
    <hostdev mode='subsystem' type='usb' managed='no'>
      <source>
        <vendor id='0x0b05'/>
        <product id='0x180a'/>
      </source>
      <address type='usb' bus='0' port='3'/>
    </hostdev>
    <memballoon model='none'/>
  </devices>
</domain>

Edited by SPOautos

I would have thought that you could have just made another win10 instance, but I guess not. You could try to create it again but just change the UUID in the raw xml before saving.

And yes, you would manually tell it to point the disk image to the vdisk location.

You have a gpu with a bios file so be sure to set that up the same.  It might be easier to take some screenshots of your configuration so that you can refer to it as you make the new one.

Finally, you have 20 of your 24 cores assigned to the VM.  Is that really necessary? Sometimes less is more. Remember that unraid needs cpu cycles to emulate the base hardware for the VM and to take care of other tasks.  If you are worried about performance then you could try passing fewer cores but isolate them so only the VM has access to them and thus won't have to swap processes on that core.

EDIT: and I personally use whatever the default USB emulation method it provides

Edited by civic95man
  • Like 1
11 minutes ago, civic95man said:

I would have thought that you could have just made another win10 instance, but I guess not. You could try to create it again but just change the UUID in the raw xml before saving.

And yes, you would manually tell it to point the disk image to the vdisk location.

You have a gpu with a bios file so be sure to set that up the same.  It might be easier to take some screenshots of your configuration so that you can refer to it as you make the new one.

Finally, you have 20 of your 24 cores assigned to the VM.  Is that really necessary? Sometimes less is more. Remember that unraid needs cpu cycles to emulate the base hardware for the VM and to take care of other tasks.  If you are worried about performance then you could try passing fewer cores but isolate them so only the VM has access to them and thus won't have to swap processes on that core.

EDIT: and I personally use whatever the default USB emulation method it provides

Yeah, I took some pictures of what I had that was working so I can try to replicate it.

I tried it with different numbers of cores and even with 20 it was real stable, I had ran benchmark tests and everything. This VM is mostly for my son for gaming so doesn't stay on all the time. When the VM is running nothing cpu intensive such as Plex is going on so it had been fine. Even with only 4 cores left for Unraid, it was only running those four at around 10%-15% and I think that's even with it running a parity check. 

The only thing I had a issue with regarding the VM in its prior state is that I couldnt seem to get USB passed through (with the exception of my keyboard/mouse which it finds on its own and I can just checkmark it. Eventhough the XML shows usb controller and such, they didnt work in Windows.

BUT all that said.....its still puzzling me why it just all the sudden wouldn't boot up any longer. There must have been something I changed somewhere that is affecting it......some kind of setting somewhere. 

I replaced the VM with a new one and its doing the same thing.....BUT I'm wondering if it had to do with the "Network Bridge" in the template.  One of the changes I made recently is regarding to my ethernet cards. Before I was only using 1 card (I had two but only one was being used and connected to the router). Several days ago I figured out how to bond them together so that the two cards look like one and use link aggregation in my router. This way the bandwitch gets split between the two cards and I can in theory handle 2Gb of data flow.

Anyway, I'm wondering if this is the issue.....if its keeping windows from booting. I have tried both the virbr0 and br0 in the VM Template....made no difference. However in the Networking tab of Unraid there is a section for creating routing. I am wondering if I need to create new routing for the virbr0 that I can then use relative to the VM.

I don't really know how it all works, it just 'feels' reasonable like that could be the issue.

17 minutes ago, SPOautos said:

he only thing I had a issue with regarding the VM in its prior state is that I couldnt seem to get USB passed through (with the exception of my keyboard/mouse which it finds on its own and I can just checkmark it. Eventhough the XML shows usb controller and such, they didnt work in Windows

Thats another issue but you would have to determine what usb controller is in it's own iommu group and NOT used for the unraid flash drive and isolate it then you are given the option to pass that through to the VM.

19 minutes ago, SPOautos said:

tried it with different numbers of cores and even with 20 it was real stable,

Not a problem, just wanted to point it out.  If you are happy with your performance then keep it.  BUT there are a few cases where a VM (maybe its a win10 thing) fails to boot with too many cores selected, but this doesn't seem to be your issue.

3 minutes ago, SPOautos said:

Anyway, I'm wondering if this is the issue.....

It shouldn't be an issue

13 minutes ago, SPOautos said:

Several days ago I figured out how to bond them together so that the two cards look like one and use link aggregation in my router. This way the bandwitch gets split between the two cards and I can in theory handle 2Gb of data flow.

Never tried it so I'm not up to speed on that but this line is in your syslog many times. Seems like there may be issues with your bonding:

Sep 30 18:55:50 Tower kernel: br0: received packet on bond0 with own address as source address (addr:70:8b:cd:bc:02:0b, vlan:0)

All of your symptoms sound like a corrupt disk image.  Did the server see an unsafe restart?  When the VM does boot up to that repair menu, have you tried selecting the repair option?  I don't see any mention of cache corruption in the syslog but you could always run a scrub to check.

24 minutes ago, civic95man said:

Never tried it so I'm not up to speed on that but this line is in your syslog many times. Seems like there may be issues with your bonding:

Sep 30 18:55:50 Tower kernel: br0: received packet on bond0 with own address as source address (addr:70:8b:cd:bc:02:0b, vlan:0)

All of your symptoms sound like a corrupt disk image.  Did the server see an unsafe restart?  When the VM does boot up to that repair menu, have you tried selecting the repair option?  I don't see any mention of cache corruption in the syslog but you could always run a scrub to check.

no unsafe restarts of the server, but are there any specific guidelines of turning off the W10VM? Do you just go to start and power off like you would a normal computer and thats all thats needed?

i have done the Windows repaid option several times but it hasnt helped.

How do you run a scrub? I haven't heard of that yet.

10 minutes ago, SPOautos said:

no unsafe restarts of the server, but are there any specific guidelines of turning off the W10VM? Do you just go to start and power off like you would a normal computer and thats all thats needed?

either via the start menu->shutdown or via unraid by clicking on the VM icon and select shutdown (would be equivalent to pressing the power button on a computer to signal to shutdown, provided its configured to shutdown on power button).  Just don't do the force shutdown option since that's like pulling the power plug.

i have done the Windows repaid option several times but it hasnt helped.

It was worth a try

How do you run a scrub? I haven't heard of that yet.

click on the cache drive and select the scrub option.  It will look for corruption of your cache drive, but I seriously doubt there is any as it would show up in your syslog.

At this point it sounds like a win10 issue and would take the standard windows troubleshooting to fix.  Could it have been a botched update?

23 minutes ago, civic95man said:

At this point it sounds like a win10 issue and would take the standard windows troubleshooting to fix.  Could it have been a botched update?

I dont know, lest I remember using it things were fine, and I shut it down and its just been down every since. I've made several changes to Unraid after that (which is what I thought is causing the issue) and now that I'm trying to bring the VM up, its just not booting up.  Maybe Windows did a automatic update of some kind and it just didn't take affect until a reboot.

I guess what I don't want to happen is I start all the way over from scratch, blow away the old windows, ect....then realize it was some kind of conflict that I created in Unraid and it also be a issue for the new one.

I'm still wondering about the Network Type. If that is messed up based on my network configuration, then maybe Windows is seeing the ethernet cards a certain way that causes a conflict.  For instance with my video card, the audio portion needed editing in the XML or else Windows would see them like two devices on the same bus and Windows wouldn't boot up.  I wonder if I'm experiencing a similar issue with the bonded ethernet cards, where its two physical cards but they are merged together and maybe Windows sees it as a conflict???

Anyway, I just hate to blow away Windows and then realize it was a issue like that.  Maybe just to be sure, I should start a post asking if anyone has bonded ethernet cards and see if that affected their VM's.

Edited by SPOautos

You could try that. At this point it can't hurt anything.  Be sure to make a backup of your flash drive so you can revert back if needed/don't remember what you did.  You could also make a copy of your VM disk image to the array so that if you every want to revisit this in its current state, you would have a copy - or just a backup if you do need to start over.  

If you do need to start over, you can add that disk image as another disk assignment in the VM (after you have a functional windows instance) and hopefully still be able to pull data off of it if there is anything critical.

1 minute ago, civic95man said:

You could try that. At this point it can't hurt anything.  Be sure to make a backup of your flash drive so you can revert back if needed/don't remember what you did.  You could also make a copy of your VM disk image to the array so that if you every want to revisit this in its current state, you would have a copy - or just a backup if you do need to start over.  

If you do need to start over, you can add that disk image as another disk assignment in the VM (after you have a functional windows instance) and hopefully still be able to pull data off of it if there is anything critical.

okay so maybe go here mnt/user/domains/Windows 10/vdisk1.img and rename vdisk1.img to something like oldvdisk1.img and then create a new VM and let it make a new vdisk1.img and then if I want to try the old one or figure out something I think was causing problems, I can just select the old image in the new template and try to open it?  Luckily I don't have any data to worry about, mostly just programs that I'll have to reinstall.

1 minute ago, SPOautos said:

okay so maybe go here mnt/user/domains/Windows 10/vdisk1.img and rename vdisk1.img to something like oldvdisk1.img and then create a new VM and let it make a new vdisk1.img and then if I want to try the old one or figure out something I think was causing problems, I can just select the old image in the new template and try to open it?  Luckily I don't have any data to worry about, mostly just programs that I'll have to reinstall.

Yes. But I would personally move it to the array so that it isn't actively consuming space on the cache

And for the record, I had this happen to me last year just after I created the VM.  Don't know what caused it but it refused to boot.  I have since kept a copy of the disk image on my array just in case it happens again.

Recreating an entirely new VM didnt help. I made a copy of my original VM that was working great then I deleted that VM with its disk. Then recreated a new VM from scratch using settings that had been working.

It starts then brings up this screen, then the screen tears and I cant go anywhere and have to do a force stop. Also, eventhough that screen says press ESC or any other key while doing a 5 sec countdown...I've tried ESC and other keys several times and neither do anything....it finishes the count down then just sits there.

Any thoughts on why I am getting this screen?

20201001_174938.jpg