Reconnection? how long

It should have shutdown the server and  then restarted the server.  When restart was finished, it should have allowed a reconnection to the GUI when the reboot process was finished. 

What I would sugest is that you push the power button for a half second and see if the server will shutdown cleanly.  (You can then push  the power button to restart the server if that works.)  If it did not work, then push the power button for about ten seconds.  That will force an unclean shutdown. 

13 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

It should have shutdown the server and  then restarted the server.  When restart was finished, it should have allowed a reconnection to the GUI when the reboot process was finished. 

What I would sugest is that you push the power button for a half second and see if the server will shutdown cleanly.  (You can then push  the power button to restart the server if that works.)  If it did not work, then push the power button for about ten seconds.  That will force an unclean shutdown. 

Thanks I'll try that just shortly

Hook up a monitor and keyboard to the server.  Look at the monitor screen and see if the IPv4 address is listed at the bottom of the screen.  (You may have to tap the   Ctrl   key to wake up the video driver.)    Use that address to try to access the GUI. 

If you have a login prompt, try to login.  If successful, type  diagnostic    at the prompt.  That will write the diagnostic file to the    logs    folder/directory of the Boot Flash Drive.  Upload that file in your next post.

If none of these work, force another boot of the system (while connected with the monitor and keyboard), select the   Safe boot option from the boot menu.

If nothing looks like I have described, take a sharp clear picture of the entire monitor screen that can be read and upload it.

• Thanks 1