[Solved] cache drive being set to Read-Only no errors reported

EArroyo

When I restart my unRAID server, my Windows 10 machine won't come up, and when I Force Stop it and try to run it again I get this error:

Execution error

internal error: child reported (status=125): unable to open /mnt/cache/custom/unraid/Windows10.img: Read-only file system

Any steps to follow to troubleshoot this?  Latest change I did was cache pool (RAID-0)

My main cache drive has a "Balance" option, does this look right?  I have no experience with cache pools...

Balance Status

btrfs filesystem df:

Data, RAID0: total=310.00GiB, used=296.46GiB System, RAID1: total=32.00MiB, used=48.00KiB Metadata, RAID1: total=2.00GiB, used=527.70MiB GlobalReserve, single: total=393.88MiB, used=0.00B

btrfs balance status:

No balance found on '/mnt/cache'

Button:                  Options:

[Balance]      Perform full balance,Convert to single mode,Convert to raid0 mode,Convert to raid1 mode

It also has a "Scrub" section:

Scrub Status

btrfs scrub status:

UUID: b7492e8f-20fa-4316-8231-308f10a534be Scrub started: Sun Nov 15 15:14:58 2020 Status: finished Duration: 0:12:47 Total to scrub: 297.49GiB Rate: 396.56MiB/s Error summary: no errors found

Button:  Checkbox:

[Scrub]    Repair corrupted blocks

Edited by EArroyo

I checked under DOCKER settings and got this error message:   And any /dev/loop# mount was read-only...

Your existing Docker image file needs to be recreated due to an issue from an earlier beta of Unraid 6. Failure to do so may result in your docker image suffering corruption at a later time. Please do this NOW!

I am currently copying some data and I can't reboot the server.  I want to reboot the server with DOCKER and VM disabled.  It will be less blah-blah on the logs.

EDIT:  With DOCKER and VM disabled I got no errors.  Enabled DOCKER and reinstalled my dockers, no errors.  Enabled VM and started my Server 2019 VM, no errors, started my Windows 10 VM and errors started to show up.  Attached .ZIP file.

That is so awkward, a VM causing the system to go Read-Only....   What I noticed was that the VM was not booting and crashing, and kept restarting, after that I FORCE STOPped it and it would not start again.

mmpc2-diagnostics-20201116-1943.zip

Edited by EArroyo
16 hours ago, JorgeB said:

There are problems with the cache filesystem, you should backup and re-format.

And the problem is where my Windows 10 VM image (Windows10.img) is at?  Corrupt data on a VM image causes whole system to go read-only and create all this chaos? If that's the case then I would vote to get that looked at and somehow deal with the corruption another way that doesn't set the cache drive read-only... and maybe a way of fixing without formatting?

Edited by EArroyo
  • 3 weeks later...