File system read only

Yeyo53

Hello guys,

There was a blackout last night and today Im having some troubles with my Unraid server. My OpenVPN container is not working, as the same as others, because I'm having a 'file system read-only' error and I have only been able to stay 1 hour or less at home so, until tomorrow, this is what I have seen:

All my disks are green and with no errors (1 of them has some UDMA Errors but has been on 50 errors the last 8 months). I started a parity check with corrections to see if the problem was fixed but later I have been reading this https://wiki.unraid.net/Check_Disk_Filesystems#Checking_and_fixing_drives_in_the_webGui and maybe its what I need to do. The question is: do I need to check every hard drive file system? or there should be something in the log (which log exactly?) that tells me which drive(s) are bad?

it is a completely mess that I can't access my openvpn because of this! Im seriously thinking about setting up a raspberry pi just it case this happen again.

Sorry and thank you for your help!

Edited by Yeyo53

As mentioned, if you post your diagnostics we will probably be able to tell you which disk needs repair.

1 hour ago, Yeyo53 said:

it is a completely mess that I can't access my openvpn because of this! Im seriously thinking about setting up a raspberry pi just it case this happen again.

You can setup WireGuard, which is now built-in to Unraid, as VPN. And unlike dockers it doesn't need any storage or even for the array to be started. Lots of different ways it can be configured. I have remote access to my whole LAN through WireGuard on Unraid.