unRAID OS version 6.4.0 Stable Release Available

limetech

1 hour ago, WTF? said:

Google "Unraid - upgrade to 6.4 best practice(s)" and see the result(s).

As a newbie I find the result puzzling and unrewarding.

I (naively) simply clicked "update" on OS server plugin and (very much) wished I hadn't.  No warnings, cautions, nor caveats displayed.  "What?  Me worry?"

Color me unhappy.

Call me  

WTF?

No details about the problems you hit...  Nothing about what previous version you were using... No diagnostics.... WTF indeed.

• Like 1

I've been having network connectivity issues ever since I upgraded. Not sure if it's related or not. I see no errors in the logs. I keep having to do a hard reboot every time. I'll try and get diagnostics when I get home but after about a day or two, network connections time out. I can ssh in but after I enter my password, it hangs. I thought maybe it was an issue with the TLS and letsencrpyt conflicting with my existing letsencrypt container but I disabled that yesterday. After about a day or two, it's completely inaccessible over the network. I did have a southbridge fan go out around the same time that I replaced. Maybe it did some permanent damage before I noticed it but I never saw any errors. I'll get some diagnostics later but any ideas if it is a problem with the update? I haven't finished reading through the thread.

58 minutes ago, bobbintb said:

I've been having network connectivity issues ever since I upgraded.

I would install the 'Fix Common Problems' plugin and turn on the "Troubleshooting mode".  This will write periodic updates to your syslog files which are stored in the logs  folder/directory on your Flash Drive.  I would also connect a monitor up to you server.  Look at the monitor when you do this.  After it locks up again, I would look at the monitor and see what is displayed.  That may provide some clues.  If you can't figure what the issue is. Take a sharp, non-blurry, no flash reflection picture of the monitor contents.  Upload the picture and syslog files and see if someone can figure out the solution.  

EDIT: also list your hardware as there have been problems up with a Intel firmware update that Intel requested be removed.  (That happened in 6.4.1-rc1...)

Edited by Frank1940
44 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

I would install the 'Fix Common Problems' plugin and turn on the "Troubleshooting mode".  This will write periodic updates to your syslog files which are stored in the logs  folder/directory on your Flash Drive.  I would also connect a monitor up to you server.  Look at the monitor when you do this.  After it locks up again, I would look at the monitor and see what is displayed.  That may provide some clues.  If you can't figure what the issue is. Take a sharp, non-blurry, no flash reflection picture of the monitor contents.  Upload the picture and syslog files and see if someone can figure out the solution.  

EDIT: also list your hardware as there have been problems up with a Intel firmware update that Intel requested be removed.  (That happened in 6.4.1-rc1...)

I do have fix common problems. I'll check out the troubleshooting mode. I do have a monitor hooked up but it goes to my VM. I should be able to access the webui from that. I'm not sure if it is actually locked up or just lost network. I'm going to see about having another monitor hooked up for unraid while keeping my main monitor for my VM. Thanks.

44 minutes ago, bobbintb said:

I do have a monitor hooked up but it goes to my VM. I should be able to access the webui from that.

You don't want the WebGUI, you want the unRAID Linux console (basically the SSH screen) so you can see the output to screen so you can see what was written there at the time when things go awry.

On 1/26/2018 at 2:26 PM, pgnyc said:

hello, so i have a pb with an upgrade to 6.4.0 from 6.3.5 .

a VM slackware  64 14.2 has a kernel panic at startup.

the server is new, i just created 2 VM , a debian and a slackware, they were up and running on 6.3.5 .

that's all i did not even started to do something with them just created an started.

with 6.4.0 , the debian VM is still running ok.

but not the slackware. the boot screen is ok , the kernel start but panic immediately.

if try to create another VM ,  i have the grub page and nothing more after.

here diagnostic and screnshoot.

Pascal.

NEWS :

so i tried with cpu mode = QEMU and now it's working.

why the original setting is  not working ( host passthrough )  ?

On 1/26/2018 at 2:26 PM, pgnyc said:

• limetech unpinned and locked this topic