Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Unraid

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ratmice

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ratmice

  1. SO I am pre clearing a 6TB disk I had laying around, and the speeds are abysmal (2-3 MB/s). I notice a lot of these blocks within the log: Apr 30 11:40:31 Tower kernel: ata8.00: exception Emask 0x0 SAct 0x80e00000 SErr 0x0 action 0x0 Apr 30 11:40:31 Tower kernel: ata8.00: irq_stat 0x40000008 Apr 30 11:40:31 Tower kernel: ata8.00: failed command: READ FPDMA QUEUED Apr 30 11:40:31 Tower kernel: ata8.00: cmd 60/40:a8:00:94:73/05:00:00:00:00/40 tag 21 ncq dma 688128 in Apr 30 11:40:31 Tower kernel: res 41/40:00:00:94:73/00:00:00:00:00/00 Emask 0x409 (media error) <F> Apr 30 11:40:31 Tower kernel: ata8.00: status: { DRDY ERR } Apr 30 11:40:31 Tower kernel: ata8.00: error: { UNC } Apr 30 11:40:31 Tower kernel: ata8.00: configured for UDMA/133 Apr 30 11:40:31 Tower kernel: sd 9:0:0:0: [sdo] tag#21 UNKNOWN(0x2003) Result: hostbyte=0x00 driverbyte=DRIVER_OK cmd_age=11s Apr 30 11:40:31 Tower kernel: sd 9:0:0:0: [sdo] tag#21 Sense Key : 0x3 [current] Apr 30 11:40:31 Tower kernel: sd 9:0:0:0: [sdo] tag#21 ASC=0x11 ASCQ=0x4 Apr 30 11:40:31 Tower kernel: sd 9:0:0:0: [sdo] tag#21 CDB: opcode=0x88 88 00 00 00 00 00 00 73 94 00 00 00 05 40 00 00 Apr 30 11:40:31 Tower kernel: I/O error, dev sdo, sector 7574528 op 0x0:(READ) flags 0x84700 phys_seg 168 prio class 0 Apr 30 11:40:31 Tower kernel: ata8: EH complete Is this due to a failing drive, and does it also explain the speeds being in the toilet?
  2. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, I really appreciate it.
  3. So, I'm guessing if I change the current static IP address to 10.0.0.88 (assuming it's currently not used) and change the port mappings in the docker settings to reflect that change, I might be good to go. I assume I will also need to change the default gateway to 10.0.0.1, as well.
  4. Its an Xfinity router XB8, which I believe is a Technicolor CGM4981COM Wi-Fi 6E under the hood. It's admin page is accessed by the typical 10.0.0.1 IP Addy. My MacPro seems to be happy with an IP address of xx.xx.xx.190, if that helps. note: this thing has been installed for only a few hours so I haven't had much of a chance to check everything out. I started with UnRAID as that is my priority. I found this, too:
  5. So, I was out of town for a couple of months and came home to a dead router, which has now been replaced. After getting things set-up, I am now seeing a host of problems with UnRAID. I was able to start my array without issue, and can see my shares from my home network, but that's where it seems to end. Updating dockers, plug-ins, and even UnRAID OS will not work. Also, server is no longer registering in My Servers. The common factor is that the versions of all the aforementioned things (plugins, dockers, OS) do not show up, so therefore, the updates cannot occur. I am not super computer savvy and am having a bit of trouble even knowing where to begin. I am currently on UnRAID 6.11.5. I will attach a few SSs of what I am seeing. It seems likely that there is still some setup to do on the new router, but I thought I would begin to try to get things back in order. To be honest that router, and UnRAID itself, was set up over a decade ago, so my memory of what was necessary to get unRAID running has long since disappeared. Any guidance will be much appreciated. tower-diagnostics-20230407-1817.zip
  6. One last thing. I am going to add a second parity disk. I assume that this should happen after I rebuild the disabled disk and update the OS, correct?
  7. Hello, all. I have returned home after an extended abscence (months), and found a disk disabled (disk 2). I have procured a replacement disk, and need some advice as to how to proceed. My array is currently running on 6.9.2, and I see there is an update to 6.10.0 available. Also, I cannot access any SMART data for the disabled disk, and to my eye the syslog does not help (me, anyway) determine that actual state of the disk in question. My questions are, should I update the UnRAID OS first, or proceed with the rebuild first? Can anyone shed light on anything of interest in the diagnostics, that my untrained eye doesn't grok. Any other words of wisdom? Thanks in advance. tower-diagnostics-20220522-1057.zip
  8. Thanks. This PSU is about 10 yrs old, but it appears that it is, indeed, missing a -5V rail. Good news!
  9. Don't really have a spare 'puter around to test on, but I can bring it to a friend's house. I did a bit of sleuthing and it seems that the -5V rail is deprecated in the ATX specs, as seen in the last paragraph of this document (http://www.playtool.com/pages/psurailhistory/rails.html). I am not sure if this PS is that did not have that voltage available when new.
  10. I recently ran into a problem whereby my server would not power up. I am planning to renovate the server now. I purchased a little power supply tester box. When plugging in the MB connector everything checks out except the -5V LED does not light up. All other connectors test out fine. I went online to see what this could mean and noticed that more expensive, and presumably better testers, do not even report the -5V signal. My question is: what does this even mean, and is this reason to get another PS? If I had a different tester, I might not even know about the -5V "problem".
  11. Great to hear that. Thanks for the reply Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. Hi team. Have been away for a few days and came home to a dead server (deets in sig), will just not spin up at all. Pulled the power supply, and it tests out fine, so it appears to be a MB/CPU issue. This server has been running mostly trouble free for about 10 years, so it owes me nothing at this point. One of the NICs died a couple of months ago, also. I have a new MB (Supermicro X11SSM-F), CPU (Xeon E3-1245), and memory (Nemix 32GB Kit DDR4-2666MHz PC4-21300 ECC Unbuffered Server Memory) en route. Needless to say, I'm a bit sleep deprived from freaking out about it and figuring out the new components, and I know just enough about this topic to make myself dangerous. Is there some best practice advice for how to go ahead and effect the rebuild, or is it just - plug the stuff in, replace the UnRAID USB drive and turn her back on? I am slightly peeved that I can't find my most recent copy of the disk assignments from the server, but I am hoping that the system is smart enough to see that everything is still in the same location in my Norco 4220 chassis. Any words of wisdom would be most appreciated.
  13. Again, many thanks.
  14. Thanks again Johnnie. Just to be extra clear (paranoid) the UnRAID managed device number should always be the same as the disk number, correct? So if I need to zero disk 16, I would use md16. Sorry for the cluelessness.
  15. OK, so back again. I am trying to use the 'clear array drive' script in order to shrink my array. I added a drive to the array earlier today and shortly realized that another drive was acting up. I am in the process of trying to remove the newly added drive by the clear drive and then redeploy it for the dodgy drive to be rebuilt. When I run the script, it finishes instantly and the folder 'clear-me' still remains on the drive in question. This drive was only added to the array and formatted (to do so) so does not have any data on it. I don't see any pesky hidden files, so I am wondering how to get it to zero the drive?
  16. @Limy: truthfully, that sounds like a decent option, however I am unsure that my current ability is up to the task. I have been avoiding VM utilization on my Mac, but may have to rethink it. Thanks for the answer.
  17. Thank you , John. Maybe I should give OSXFUSE another try.. I only need to read so that the data doesn't get dead-ended on the drives if something gets messed up.
  18. SSIA. I would really like a way to at least get at data if the server craps out. I would prefer a native method, as VMs may be beyond my knowledge level at this point. In the past I tried OSXFUSE, but my knowledge, to get it running, was obviously inadequate. Any help would be appreciated.
  19. That's sorta what I had assumed, but always good to get corroboration. Thanks.
  20. I kinda think that drive is not long for this world, too. Unfortunately it is an older drive :-( I thought it interesting that it kinda just disappears without any trace. Here's hoping that someone can shed some light on the info in the syslog. p.s. 'Fix Common Problems' complains that it doesn't know about 'dynamix.smart.drivedb.update' so it MAY be incompatible. p.p.s Thanks for not taking umbrage to me being unsure of the motives behind your 1st reply. So many things can be misconstrued without social interaction context.
  21. So, I can't tell if your comment is an honest question, or a snarky retort, so I'll assume the former: Well, that's part of what I'm trying to figure out. I have pre cleared multiple drives over the past few months with no problem. A different drive is pre clearing, happily, right now. There do seem to be some warnings/errors in the syslog and in my limited knowledge they do not seem to be related to SMART status. I'm just trying to get some definitive info about that DB plugin. As I understand it it just sets up a cron job to update the SMART DB, seems far-fetched to see how that would affect pre clearing in the manner I'm seeing, but that's why i'm asking people way smarter than I. I considered it (the DB plugin) being an issue after I had started a new pre clear. Once it gets through a full cycle i will remove the other plugin and try the wonky drive again. In the mean time I thought I'd ask about it.
  22. So having a strange problem. I have been trying to preclear a disk I had laying around. It starts normally, but a couple hours in it just disappears from the interface. No sign of it in the unassigned disk section of the dashboard, nor on the pre clear plugin page. Just gone. If I reboot the server, it's back. Not really sure what to check. I had just erased and zeroed the whole disk on my desktop machine prior to trying the pre clear. The syslog (attached) seems to have an error that indicates the drive size goes to zero ?!? Not sure what that means. Near the end of the log you'll see various entries for [sdn] that's the disk. tower-diagnostics-20170522-2349.zip
  23. Is the SMART driveDB Update plugin still useful? I can't seem to find any info about it and fix common problems yells about it.
  24. thanks. <DOH> really appreciate your help. However, in relation to the 1st issue above, the new preclear report, which is saved as a text file, contains a full page of this: tput: unknown terminal "screen" tput: unknown terminal "screen" tput: unknown terminal "screen" ... ... tput: unknown terminal "screen" tput: unknown terminal "screen" Obviously related to the status display issue when running the plugin. I know this was happening earlier, and was addressed in an update, but it seems to be rearing it's head again. I have attached diagnostics, should that be helpful. Nope, OSX is trying to open the report as an executable; open the file using TextEdit instead. tower-diagnostics-20160921-1330.zip
  25. On a different note, Below is what all my pre clear reports look like? Needless to say, not terribly helpful. Not sure what to make of this. Especially troubling due to the problem reported above with the progress display. I was hoping to use the reports to see what happened, but there is no useable info in them. Any help would be appreciated. Last login: Tue Sep 20 11:32:51 on ttys000 Mathews-MacBook-Pro-5:~ mat$ /Volumes/flash/preclear_reports/preclear_finish_VKHR63TX_2016-07-06 ; exit; /Volumes/flash/preclear_reports/preclear_finish_VKHR63TX_2016-07-06: line 1: Disk:: command not found /Volumes/flash/preclear_reports/preclear_finish_VKHR63TX_2016-07-06: line 2: syntax error near unexpected token `(' /Volumes/flash/preclear_reports/preclear_finish_VKHR63TX_2016-07-06: line 2: `smartctl 6.2 2013-07-26 r3841 [x86_64-linux-4.1.13-unRAID] (local build)' logout Saving session... ...copying shared history... ...saving history...truncating history files... ...completed. [Process completed]

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.