I woke up to a drive being unmountable, unsure what it is or what to do. Can anyone here help?

sloob

Not sure that clarifies anything. Did you change anything since taking these latest diagnostics you posted?

Disks 2 and 3 not connected according to smart, all are showing as mounted in vars including the unmountable disk1, and only disk2 and disk5 are showing in df. And according to shares, nothing exists.

Also you have docker.img at the root of /mnt/user, which means it technically isn't in any user share. Any idea what disk (if any) it is actually on? Probably impossible to tell in the current state.

And your log space is completely full so no telling what is going on now.

Reboot and post new diagnostics.

5 minutes ago, trurl said:

Not sure that clarifies anything. Did you change anything since taking these latest diagnostics you posted?

Disks 2 and 3 not connected according to smart, all are showing as mounted in vars including the unmountable disk1, and only disk2 and disk5 are showing in df. And according to shares, nothing exists.

Also you have docker.img at the root of /mnt/user, which means it technically isn't in any user share. Any idea what disk (if any) it is actually on? Probably impossible to tell in the current state.

And your log space is completely full so no telling what is going on now.

Reboot and post new diagnostics.

I just rebooted the array, the config is exactly like the one I posted, I will post a new diagnostic it breaks again. About the docker img, should I move it to a share? if so, how? is it as simple as moving a file from a disk to a share?

1 hour ago, sloob said:

About the docker img, should I move it to a share? if so, how? is it as simple as moving a file from a disk to a share?

The "standard" is to put it in the system share, which is normally set to cache-prefer so it will stay on cache where it belongs. Delete and recreate at 20G is what I usually recommend then reinstall your dockers from Previous Apps on the Apps page.

Looks like you've got corruption on docker.img anyway so recreating it is appropriate. But that can wait. In fact, you should just disable dockers and VMs until you get your hardware problems resolved.

Diagnostics is showing all disks mounted now but disk3 is disabled. Does that agree with what you see in Main - Array Devices?

And smart is showing disks 1 and 3 disconnected, syslog agrees.

1 minute ago, trurl said:

The "standard" is to put it in the system share, which is normally set to cache-prefer so it will stay on cache where it belongs. Delete and recreate at 20G is what I usually recommend then reinstall your dockers from Previous Apps on the Apps page.

Looks like you've got corruption on docker.img anyway so recreating it is appropriate. But that can wait. In fact, you should just disable dockers and VMs until you get your hardware problems resolved.

Diagnostics is showing all disks mounted now but disk3 is disabled. Does that agree with what you see in Main - Array Devices?

And smart is showing disks 1 and 3 disconnected, syslog agrees.

Yes, the screenshot above is fresh, disk 3 is offline. Seems like everything is going wrong now.. first disk 1 not 2&3

1 hour ago, trurl said:

I suspect a power or controller problem since multiple disks are involved.

My server uses a rackmount case with no sas backplane, it just has regular SATA connections so no pci sas controller, My power supply is triple redundancy single rail so the problem would be on all drives if it was a problem with the 12/5v rail. Is it possible the problem is with the motherboard?

Edited by sloob