Web Gui / Boot Issue after GPU Change

Mezhom

I recently tried upgrade my unraid from a P400 to a P2000.

I couldn't find any resources on how to swap other then shut it down properly and swap it out. Then boot it up.

I could not get access back to the webgui. I have tried with changing back to the p400, tried with no gpu. Everything was working awesome before i changed the gpu. That is all i touched.

I tried the Gui boot, monitor attached and when it tried to pull up the webgui on the machine itself it cannot find it.

Nginx is not running according to the command line.

Command line on the machine still works, ssh still works. how do i get a diagnostic dump to put in here? Or is it a easy fix?

Managed to try to get my diagnostics. i get " mkdir: cannot create directory `/boot/logs` : Read-Only file system Bus Error"

i am signed in as root through ssh.

IMG_5489.jpg

Edited by Mezhom
adding info
42 minutes ago, Mezhom said:

Managed to try to get my diagnostics. i get " mkdir: cannot create directory `/boot/logs` : Read-Only file system Bus Error"

i am signed in as root through ssh.

That would indicate a problem with your unRAID flash disk as would all the other errors on the screen that indicate problems writing to the flash drive.

Put your flash drive in a Window machine and let it run chkdsk on it to correct any errors.  Then try booting again in unRAID server.

I was not able to run chkdsk. It said read only. 

I pulled a backup of a USB that was 4 months old. It booted right up. Is there a recommended type of USB that will last longer for UNRAID? I was running a sandisk 32g.

Or would there be a recommended routine for replacing it? or a sata m.2 to usb with a adapter?

Thanks for the response. You nailed what was wrong.

13 minutes ago, Mezhom said:

I was not able to run chkdsk. It said read only. 

Well that is interesting.  My flash drive has gone read-only several times and chkdsk is what fixes that and makes it writable again.  The flash drive can get marked read-only with power surges, unclean server shutdown, hardware issues and other things that mess with it when trying to write to it. 

The flash drive is not really accessed that often other than at boot, configuration changes and using the syslog server to write to the flash drive when troubleshooting.

Perhaps there are issues greater just some files system problems on the flash drive.

I don't think there is anything inherently bad with a Sandisk 32GB flash drive, but something may have happened to damage it.  I have been using the same flash drive for 8+ years so I don't have much experience with which flash drives are better than others.