Shows being stored in mnt/cache and in mnt/user. Mover no longer works and making copies?

CC63

Shows being stored in mnt/cache and in mnt/user. Mover no longer work and making copies?

I'm not sure what happened. For the past year my cache drive and mover were working fine. Downloading to cache and then moving in array at night. 

Now my shows are showing in mnt/user/anime and also in mnt/cache/anime. This has caused my cache drive to become full. The shows used to go into downloads/completed and then be moved to array but for some reason an anime folder has been created on the cache.

If I delete a file from cache it is also deleted from user and vice versa.

https://prnt.sc/11q2urt is showing I have my Anime to use the cache

https://prnt.sc/11q2p3q is showing my sonarr shares are set up correctly. 

I have no clue what's going on and am probably missing something stupid.

director-diagnostics-20210419-2152.zip

6 minutes ago, Cheekybeanz said:

Now my shows are showing in mnt/user/anime and also in mnt/cache/anime.

It has always worked that way. The user shares are just another view of the disks including cache. The fact that you can see the files in both places is expected since these are just the exact same files. It does mean the files are on cache though. And it is possible that mover won't move them because they are duplicates of files that already exist on the array.

Probably some other reason you are filling cache. Try without the mover tuning plugin just to simplify things. And if you are writing more than cache can hold, don't cache.

Please attach screenshots instead of making us access unknown external sites.

6 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

I'll check those recommendations when I get home but I'm nut sure that it has anything to do with that. Cache should not have a folder called /tvshows on it correct? I have it set to move from /downloads/completed which always worked but for whatever reason now there are actually shows being stored onto the cache.

2 minutes ago, trurl said:

It has always worked that way. The user shares are just another view of the disks including cache. The fact that you can see the files in both places is expected since these are just the exact same files. It does mean the files are on cache though. And it is possible that mover won't move them because they are duplicates of files that already exist on the array.

Probably some other reason you are filling cache. Try without the mover tuning plugin just to simplify things. And if you are writing more than cache can hold, don't cache.

Please attach screenshots instead of making us access unknown external sites.

Okay sorry about the links, screenshots next time. It's just strange that if I go into one of the shows folders and delete one of the episodes, it removes it from both locations. Maybe there's another reason it's filling up but I have no clue what it would be as I never had this issue in the past and can't think of anything I have changed.

3 minutes ago, Cheekybeanz said:

Cache should not have a folder called /tvshows on it correct?

Don't understand the point of this question. That user share is cache-yes so it could be expected to have files on cache but all files for that share were on disk1 when the diagnostics were taken.

5 minutes ago, Cheekybeanz said:

/downloads/completed which always worked but for whatever reason now there are actually shows being stored onto the cache.

And your downloads share is also set to use cache and has files on cache, so I don't understand the point you are making here either.

2 minutes ago, Cheekybeanz said:

It's just strange that if I go into one of the shows folders and delete one of the episodes, it removes it from both locations.

Of course

8 minutes ago, trurl said:

The user shares are just another view of the disks including cache. The fact that you can see the files in both places is expected since these are just the exact same files.

they are not different locations, just different views of the same files.

Okay maybe I'm not asking the right questions here. I'm obvious over my head on this. All I know is that my cache drive is filling up unlike it has in the past. Usually clears itself nightly but now has over 400gb of data on it. I'll try the recommendations on the link provided when I get home.

37 minutes ago, John_M said:

A lot of people seem to be experiencing Mover problems after installing the Mover Tuning plugin. It seems there's a general lack of understanding of how it works and what its limitations are.

Yeah idk really. I've had it for well over a year now with issue. Didn't change anything about my setup, just randomly started having issues.

3 hours ago, Cheekybeanz said:

Yeah idk really. I've had it for well over a year now with issue. Didn't change anything about my setup, just randomly started having issues.

Looks like somehow the config file is getting deleted.  Maybe from an update, but this is the second time I have seen this recently.

cat: /boot/config/plugins/ca.mover.tuning/ca.mover.tuning.cfg: No such file or directory

Make a small change in the mover settings.  i.e. change from percent used to a slightly lower or higher value.

Then check the console to make sure the file exists.

ls -ltr /boot/config/plugins/ca.mover.tuning/ca.mover.tuning.cfg

and

cat /boot/config/plugins/ca.mover.tuning/ca.mover.tuning.cfg