USB Drive Failure

During a recent storm my server went down and I believe my USB boot drive was fried in the process. I am now in the process of trying to bring the server back online and unfortunately I don't have a backup (dang it).  So as I was researching the documentation asked that i create a post here to ensure I place the drives back in the array and cache in the correct order.

Can you please help me understand how I achieve this.  Thanks.

You just need to re-assign all drives to the original positions, then check "parity is already valid" before array start.

Sorry, misread as "I do know the correct order", try to mount them individually with the UD plugin in read only mode, if you only had one parity the drive that doesn't mount is parity, if you had dual parity post below.

7 hours ago, Ruggernaut said:

During a recent storm my server went down and I believe my USB boot drive was fried in the process. I am now in the process of trying to bring the server back online and unfortunately I don't have a backup (dang it).  So as I was researching the documentation asked that i create a post here to ensure I place the drives back in the array and cache in the correct order.

Can you please help me understand how I achieve this.  Thanks.

Did you have parity drives? If so how many and do you know which ones they were?  

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies on the delayed response was knocked down for a few days.  I have two parity drives and unfortunately I don't know the order of the drives.  Nor did I have notification setup.  Moving forward I will definitely be changing approach to ensure I have all this documented.  Thank you all again for the support its greatly appreciated.

1 hour ago, Ruggernaut said:

Apologies on the delayed response was knocked down for a few days.  I have two parity drives and unfortunately I don't know the order of the drives.  Nor did I have notification setup.  Moving forward I will definitely be changing approach to ensure I have all this documented.  Thank you all again for the support its greatly appreciated.

you may find this item in the online documentation available via the ‘Manual’ link at the bottom of the Unraid GUI useful in getting back to an operational status.