Updated and now its broken docker/app data gone

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone can help me figure this out. 

I've run the unraid updater to the latest stable 6.9.2.

After the reboot I've noticed my docker now has no containers (had 3) and when I try and browse my appdata share it is showing up empty but the unraid gui says it contains data. 

I see two things on the main page that seem possible issues but I do not really want to touch anything in case I make things worse. :P

There is a disk that is now listed as unmountable. However my array seems ok? To be clear I am not 100% sure if this was even part of my array before. It looks like it would be some sort of SSD drive which if I had used it, it would only have been some sort of cache type drive. 

2. The unnasigned devices plugin I had before is now showing this:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function _() in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/include/Helpers.php:35 Stack trace: #0 /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php(308): my_scale(120.034123776, NULL) #1 {main} thrown in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/include/Helpers.php on line 35

DEVICEIDENTIFICATION

It was working perfectly fine before the upgrade.

Thoughts anyone? 

Cheers!

Hi Squid thanks a lot for the reply. I am used to another system, was expecting the packages to be updated when the system was updated. :P Updating the unassigned devices seems to have solved that error.

However I am still having the main issue with getting my system working again. My disk 1 is still being listed as "Unmountable: not mounted" which I am believing is why I cannot see any of my docker images. I also cannot locate my app data folder which I am guessing that it would have been on there... 

I am not clear why its not mountable or what I should be doing about this in order to restore my data. If I switch the drive will my parity drive rebuild? Hoping for some direction. 

Cheers!

44 minutes ago, qwaven said:

was expecting the packages to be updated when the system was updated.

Unraid does not update anything out of the box.  To keep things up to date, install the Auto Update plugin.

45 minutes ago, qwaven said:

My disk 1 is still being listed as "Unmountable: not mounted" which I am believing is why I cannot see any of my docker images. I also cannot locate my app data folder which I am guessing that it would have been on there... 

I am not clear why its not mountable or what I should be doing about this in order to restore my data. If I switch the drive will my parity drive rebuild? Hoping for some direction. 

Which is why you should

2 hours ago, Squid said:

Post your diagnostics

7 hours ago, JorgeB said:

You might need to downgrade back to v6.8 but try this first, with the array started:

btrfs-check --clear-space-cache v1 /dev/md1

then

btrfs-check --clear-space-cache v2 /dev/md1

Re-start array and see if it mounts, if it still doesn't post new diags.

Hi JorgeB,

Thanks for the reply. First I got command not found but realized its actually btrfs check .... (should it be useful for anyone else in the future) no -

Anyway did this...

# btrfs check --clear-space-cache v1 /dev/md1
Opening filesystem to check...
Checking filesystem on /dev/md1
UUID: 08428632-0cca-4d98-b643-3bf1dd2f7a34
Free space cache cleared
# btrfs check --clear-space-cache v2 /dev/md1
Opening filesystem to check...
Checking filesystem on /dev/md1
UUID: 08428632-0cca-4d98-b643-3bf1dd2f7a34
no free space cache v2 to clear

After doing this I noticed a message pop up saying its doing a parity check. Not sure if I should cancel this to restart the array or if I should wait?

It looks like it was already running for 9 hours and has about 10 hours to complete. 

The drive in question still shows the same error. 

Will leave it running unless told otherwise. 

Cheers!

Edited by qwaven
4 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

It's up to you, if it's an auto check due to unclean shutdown you can cancel since if there were errors found you need to run a correcting check, and if there weren't you can run one later.

It is something it has run on its own. I have not shutdown. Is it perhaps something as a result of the upgrade? 

Edited by qwaven
3 minutes ago, qwaven said:

It is something it has run on its own. I have not shutdown. Is it perhaps something as a result of the upgrade? 

An automatic parity check is only run if UnRaid did not successfully stop the array before a shutdown/reboot or you have one scheduled to be run at regular intervals and the scheduled time has been reached.

One of these events must have happened if UnRaid started one without manual action.

That was the most likely result, still since it was aborting when creating the free space cache had some hopes that it could help.

Nnewer kernel can detect previously undetected corruptions, you can downgrade back to v6.8.x, backup al the data in that disk then upgrade, format and restore data.

5 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

That was the most likely result, still since it was aborting when creating the free space cache had some hopes that it could help.

Nnewer kernel can detect previously undetected corruptions, you can downgrade back to v6.8.x, backup al the data in that disk then upgrade, format and restore data.

ok so the downgrade seems to have worked. 

Is there anything special I should do to backup disk1? or do I just cp -R the appdata and system to another drive? 

ok I am back at last, upgraded again, and as expected the drive 1 is in the same error state. 

Just wanted to confirm steps I should be taking.

Do I just click the format button at the bottom beside the disk? Anything special I should be doing? 

After format I copy the data back similar to how I backed up or? 

Cheers!

Hi all,

Thanks for all the help here. I've done the format and transferred everything back. Weird part (they are docker containers) was that after I copied and started up docker. 2 of 3 containers were running. I ran the updater to pull the new content and then after all my containers were removed again!

I'm not understanding what happened here. I re copied over my backup of the docker.img file. My container data was still on drive. 

And again 2 of 3 containers were running again. 

The 3rd container possibly has some compatibility issue / more investigation needed but that is out of scope for this thread. 

I've removed the settings conflicting (still need to check it later) and now all 3 containers are running even after going through an update. No idea what happened the first time around or why it was all removed. 

Anyway seems like all is working well now. Thanks again!

Cheers!