[SOLVED] big crash

Hello

I have a big problem with unraid, let me explain.

on monday I had a full parity check with no errors.

on wednesday, I turned down the server to move some fans. without noticing, I unpluged one of my 3 cache ssd disk.

when I turned it back on, everything was OK, but I could only see 2 ssd (of course).

so I turned the server down and pluged back the 3rd ssd.

when it started back up, the ssd was not part of the cache drive soI stopped the array and tried to add it back.

by doing so, it tolled me that the new ssd would be formated.

in order not to loose anything, I canceled what I was doing, started back the array changed the shared to chache: yes (instead of prefered) and made a move.

once done, some folders where still in the cache drive. I started the move  once or twice in order to be sure.

so I stopped the array, added my ssd and it told me the ssd would be formated.

so ok, everything should be ok.

well, it formated all 3 ssd.

when over, I found out I had lost all my VM's and docker containers. i still had some docker containers, but some I had deleted a couple month ago and the latest I installed where not there anymore.

tried rebooting and it told me 5-6 HDD where failing.

as I was sure they were OK, I reset the config.

a lot of errors apeared but disk where finaly fixed.

now, when I boot, many shares are missing, none are accessible, and nothing realy works.

I don't understand what happend.

I would be happy to have some help with this to not loose my data

nostromo-diagnostics-20210625-1827.zip

Edited by Nexius2
30 minutes ago, Nexius2 said:

changed the shared to chache: yes (instead of prefered) and made a move.

once done, some folders where still in the cache drive. I started the move  once or twice in order to be sure.

Mover (or anything else) can't move open files so if you didn't go to Settings and disable Docker and VM Manager before moving then files related to that could not have been moved from cache.

ok, that explained why I lost my docker and VM. but not why old containers appeared.

if unraid had not started the array because of a missing disk, it would have avoided lots of problem 😕

I'm still struggling trying to get everything back up.

know it keeps saying I have 6 bad disks. (all where fine monday and if I check them on another system, they are ok and I can see data)

oh, and I noticed some disk in my array are encrypted and some are not. default option is set to encrypt since the begining of the server....

Capture12.JPG

Edited by Nexius2

I don't understand my problem.

now, I have disk 2 disabled saying unmountable and disk 14 same thing but not disable.

disk have been tested smart and no issue found.

I've been searching and moving my hdd from the backplane to direct motherboard and still have some thing so it doesn't look like a hardware issue.

I've done a config reset again but disk come back up with same issue.

errors are being detected on many disk but nothing has been written to them since the startup of the issue.

disk 2.JPG

disk 14.JPG

unassigned.JPG

nostromo-diagnostics-20210626-2250.zip

There are multiple disk errors immediately at array start:

Jun 26 22:37:34 Nostromo kernel: md: disk14 read error, sector=12885172896
Jun 26 22:37:34 Nostromo kernel: md: disk14 read error, sector=12885172904
Jun 26 22:37:34 Nostromo kernel: md: disk16 read error, sector=12885172656
Jun 26 22:37:34 Nostromo kernel: md: disk16 read error, sector=12885172664

And some disks are dropping offline and reconnecting with a different identifiers, this is usually a cable or power problem.

• Nexius2 changed the title to [SOLVED] big crash