Docker Apps No longer Download/install

Hey guys, I have been an Unraid user for about a year and things have been flawless until recently. I have no idea what caused my issue, but it began when my docker apps refused to update. It would not even update if you forced the update.

Then my plex server stopped communicating with my plex client (Nvidia Shield) Kept saying not connected to internet. But I know for certain the client had internet access.

I tried to resolve docker app issues by uninstalling and reinstalling but now all my docker apps are gone because I get an error for every docker apps I try and download from community applications. I am running version 6.9.2. I believe I started running into this app issue after I updated to 6.9 but can't say for certain. I can share log files if someone can tell me where to find them. I apologize, I am a newbie big time. I managed to find the system log and attach it, hopefully that is what you would request. When I go to update Unraid it says I can restore version 6.8.3, is this something I should try a it was working previously but to be honest I can't recall when the docker app update issue started.

Here is a screenshot when I try and download any docker app in community applications. Same error everything. Says can't find image locally.

I pray someone out there can come to my aid. My wife is loosing it because our plex library is not working.

Ian

Unraid Docker.jpg

crowebox-syslog-20210628-2328.zip

Update;

I did some tinkering last night, I deleted the docker image completely, tried docker settings as directory and BTfs vdisk and increased the image size. Still now luck downloading dockers. 

i uninstalled community applications and reinstalled. No luck. Plug-ins download and install just fine but any docker at all that I have tried, I get the same error. They create a dir in my app data folder but no content is found inside. 

i thought it might be something with my internet but I can download and update plugins and check OS and they retrieve info from servers just fine. 

i read somewhere to try this command line in terminal so I did.

docker image prune -a

no change, dockers won’t pull image or install. 

could my USB with OS be corrupt some how. It’s been flawless for a year and now nothing. I’ve only ever had two dockers installed Krusader and Plex server. The app data for Plex points to my SSD on unassigned devices while Krusader app data was on my array. 

any thoughts, I’m pulling my hair out because this is beyond me. 

2 hours ago, Nautical28 said:

increased the image size

Why? Making it larger will only make it take longer to fill up. 20G is almost always more than enough. You have to fix the problem and increasing size isn't the solution.

2 hours ago, trurl said:

The usual reason for filling docker.img is applications writing to paths that are not mapped. Each of your docker applications must be configured to only use paths that correspond to container paths in the mappings, case-sensitive.

Post new diagnostics.

Understood, when I am home from work I will post diagnostic log. 

changing the image file size didn’t have any effect. I still have the same issue. No matter what docker I select to download, the error says it can’t find docker image locally? And browser didn’t send complete request in time. 

i have tried docker installs with MS edge and Chrome, same errors. 

thanks for the tips

Go to Settings - Docker, disable then delete docker.img from that same page. Set it back to 20G and recreate. The Previous Apps feature on the Apps page will let you reinstall each of your dockers exactly as they were.

But exactly as they were may not be good enough since you were filling docker.img. Try them one at a time and see if you can figure out why the application was writing to a path that wasn't mapped.

Which dockers do you use?

I attempted what you asked already but it’s worth a shot again. 

i only use two dockers. Krusader and Plex server. App data for Krusader is stored on array while app data for Plex is stored on a unassigned device ssd that still has plenty of room. This way poster art loads very fast. 

i will do what you have asked. Provide diagnostic logs, delete docker image then try downloading the two apps. I’ll take screen shot of Plex docker config page and post.

if I have Plex app data of of array is there any reason the docker image would run out of space. 

is it better to use docker image 20 gig or use docker directory?

Since you mentioned it I do use the recycle bin plug-in. But does that have anything to do with the docker image because I manually deleted all the Krusader app data directory and no dice. 

i am on my way home very soon and it post my diagnostics. 

i have the transcoding directory mapped and stored on the ssd, same place as the poster art folders. I never use the transcoding though. All my Plex clients are direct play so no transcoding required. 

i get the same docker download error no matter what docker. Even if I select something random. 

i am going to turn off recycling and see if anything changes. 

There is a Recycle Bin plugin, and the Krusader docker has its own recycle bin. These are different and independent things. I don't use Krusader, preferring the builtin mc (Midnight Commander) textGUI accessible from the command line for file management directly on the server.

I have 18 dockers including plex and together they take about half of the 20G I have allocated for docker.img so there is no reason you should need more.

Well have a new diagnostic log to provide.

I attempted to download Dolphin, Krusader and Handbrake dockers just to give it a try. It almost worked for Krusader, downloaded 500 mb of the image but when it extracted nothing happened.

I have several screen shots to various dockers trying to install and the config page for Krusader. I did as you suggested and deleted the docker image and put it back tp 20gig.

I am open to other suggestions.

I was surprised when the Krusader docker even downloaded, Thats farther than I have gotten yet.

Handbrake Failed.jpg

Dolphin Failed.jpg

Krusader Docker Download 2.jpg

Krusader Docker Download 1.jpg

Krusader Docker Install.jpg

crowebox-diagnostics-20210629-2047.zip

• 3 months later...