Options if flash fails before 1 year?

i was noticing some odd behavior on unraid, (my custom tower picture was half loaded like a corrupt image) some dockers have "?" icons and no controls to enter the webUI (they are both still working) 

i rebooted the server, and got the error USB flash drive failure, alert USB drive is not read-write. 

normally this would not be a super huge deal, i have backups however i had my flash crash last September 9th

the log is being filled with -

Jul 22 09:19:53 Data kernel: FAT-fs (sda): error, corrupted directory (invalid entries)
Jul 22 09:19:53 Data kernel: FAT-fs (sda): error, corrupted directory (invalid entries)

You can pull the flash and insert it into another computer and run fschk. This may be able to repair the file system. 

If you decide to replace the drive you can prep the drive using the limetech tool. Restore the OS from backup. Install the flash drive into the UnRAID machine. It will detect an un-licensed flash and give you a prompt to restore the license.

If you can't get the flash working again, transferring the license will involve talking directly to Limetech instead of using the automated process. Not a big deal, they are quite helpful. Do, however, try to time your failures so they occur during normal west coast USA working hours for fastest response. 🤣

https://wiki.unraid.net/Manual/Changing_The_Flash_Device#Notes_about_replacing_your_registration_key

thank you for the quick replies!
When my flash crashed last year I used what I had to get the array back online, its a usb 3 Kingston drive, which i understand usb 2.0 is recommended. previous to this i ran an 8gb usb3 microcenter cash register special which lasted 6 years!
I went ahead and ordered 2 of the usb 2.0 DTSE9 metal drives, while i wait for those, i will try to fix the current flash, and in the future will always try to time my downtime to Pacific Standard Time 🤣

4 hours ago, trurl said:

Booting from USB2 port is more important than using USB2 flash.

i think i may be plugged into the usb3 ports on the system board. i will order a usb2 system board header to port adapter to make sure its good.