Zbox HD-ID11-U + RAM + HDD + FS $249.99 @ Newegg

Back again!

Zotac ZBOX HD-ID11-U Intel Atom D510 NM10 Chipset 1 x 200Pin Next-Gen NVIDIA ION GPU Mini / Booksize Barebone System

+ Free Gift: CORSAIR 2GB 200-Pin DDR2 SO-DIMM DDR2 667 (PC2 5300) Laptop Memory Model VS2GSDS667D2 (value:$31.99)

+ Free Gift: Western Digital Scorpio Blue WD2500BEVT 250GB 5400 RPM 8MB Cache 2.5" SATA 3.0Gb/s Internal Notebook Hard Drive -Bare Drive (value:$46.99)

I don't know, but why would you want to run Win7 media center anyway?  XBMC is much, much nicer.  Also, the Zbox has two RAM slots, so you can always add more RAM later if needed.

By the way, I stopped into a Fry's in Sacramento today and they had the Zbox for $230 (though without the RAM and HDD).

Is 2GB enough ram for this to run Win7 media center without issues? I am thinking about pulling the trigger..... 

I dunno about WMC, but 2GB is plenty on my Revo w/W7 and XBMC.

Also, the Zbox has two RAM slots, so you can always add more RAM later if needed.

Does it? I know some models do but this one lists only one slot per the specs and user feedback.

Also, the Zbox has two RAM slots, so you can always add more RAM later if needed.

Does it? I know some models do but this one lists only one slot per the specs and user feedback.

You might be right.  The model I have has 2 RAM slots, but maybe not all of them do.  There are several models of the Zbox, I'm having trouble keeping track of them all.

• 2 weeks later...

I can also confirm 1 memory slot.

Got this a couple of months ago. About the 2nd week I had it I started getting memory errors, so I tried it with some memory out of my laptop just to confirm that the issue was not in the mobo. That checked out OK so I replaced the "free" 2GB with 4GB and have been happily using it ever since as my 3rd XBMC installation (with shared MySQL libraries).

Back again!

Zotac ZBOX HD-ID11-U Intel Atom D510 NM10 Chipset 1 x 200Pin Next-Gen NVIDIA ION GPU Mini / Booksize Barebone System

+ Free Gift: CORSAIR 2GB 200-Pin DDR2 SO-DIMM DDR2 667 (PC2 5300) Laptop Memory Model VS2GSDS667D2 (value:$31.99)

+ Free Gift: Western Digital Scorpio Blue WD2500BEVT 250GB 5400 RPM 8MB Cache 2.5" SATA 3.0Gb/s Internal Notebook Hard Drive -Bare Drive (value:$46.99)

as far as i can see no more free gifts and AMAZON is cheaper

here are 2 links not sure what the difference is

Zotac ZBOX Intel Atom D510 1.66 GHz Dual Core All-in-One Mini-PC with No Memory, No Hard Drive and No OS

at 226.79 US$ +9.85 Shipping = 236.64 US$

second one is cheaper and down on the page there is the deal with the combined ram

Zotac ZBOX Intel Atom D510 1.66 GHz Dual Core with Intel NM10 Express Chipset and GMA 3150 GPU All-in-One Mini-PC, No Memory, No Harddrive and No OS ZBOXSD-ID10-U

at 184.38 us$ free sshipping..

with combo 2gb ram = 214.26 US$

like i said don't see any difference between the 2... wish just i could buy them at this price in Thailand :P