[Help Needed] map windows 10 share in unraid

BrazMan

Hi Everyone!

Here is the scenario:

I already have unraid system up and running to be mainly my plex server. My array is 06x 4TB disks + 01 4 TB for parity. Now i am low with space and i have a 10 TB external drive attached in another windows PC in my network. Is there a way to create a shared folder in the 10 TB and map this share to the plex media folder in unraid? 

How can i do this?

I just to want that unraid / plex "get" those files in the Windows PC where 10 TB external drive is attached.

Thank you for the help!

Leo. 

AFAIK, a remote drive or server cannot be seen as part of the local shares.

You could add the shared folder "xxxx" with Unassigned Devices. The directory will then appear in unraid in /mnt/remotes/xxxx

And then map this directory as an additional directory for your libraries in Plex.

Might not be perfect but could work.

Of course, USB connectivity is still not great.

Just share the applicable folder on the drive within Windows, then mount that share with Unassigned Devices (SMB).  Then you can pass that share to any container by adding another path mapping of /mnt/remotes/.... mapped to something like /WIN10SHARE and add /WIN10SHARE to the library in Plex

1 minute ago, Squid said:

What was the problem?  There no real difference between any of them, and all of them would do as I described

Well first i got the one from Plex.inc and to be honest i did not see a lot of options to change so i installed as it is (default) after a long time trying different approaches i realize that i must chamge some settings when install the docker... after doing this everything works as a charm. I am a windows guy that is trying to learn something new. For sure the problem was me... and i thank you for the support. I am very excited about this opportunity that i can finally will be able to have a dedicated plex server without using the windows OS. 

For sure i will post more doubts and i am sure that you and all other folks will be here to help everyone that needs.

Once more, Thank you!

Leo.