[SOLVED] Remove disks from array without parity drive?

Hello!

I know this have been asked before but I just want to make sure I understand this correctly. 

I have an Unraid server with a total of 11 disks and no parity drive. I just bought 1 disk that will be replacing 2 older drives. I have already moved all the files from the disks I want to remove. I also have a dosen of dockers and VMs running, but they are on the SSD (cache disk).

What is the best way to remove these 2 disks without breaking anything? 

Edited by julianbr
Solved

Okay, so if anyone else wonder how I did this:

1. Move the files you want to keep from the disks you want to remove from your server 
(I used MC via console, but I've heard others using the unbalanced plugin. Just make sure you have moved your files off the disks you want to remove)

2. Stop the array

3. Go to Tools -> New Config

4. Preserve current assignments: ALL -> Apply

5. Set the drives you want to remove to unassigned.

6. If you are adding any new drives or re organizing their position, do it now.

7. Start the array.

Shutdown the server if you are going to physically remove the drives.

• Like 3
  • julianbr changed the title to [SOLVED] Remove disks from array without parity drive?
  • 1 month later...

Does doing a New Config mean that all the settings, Docker containers and VMs will be gone?
I mean, does New Config reset ONLY the disks (array/cache/pools), or does it reset everything?

I need to replace 1 failing drive with a new one, and I do NOT have parity. Everything from the failing drive is already copied over to the new drive (rsync). And, no parity means there's nothing to rebuild.
Preferably, I would love to simply swap the drives and keep all my setup intact...