When is UNRAID support going to move out of the early 2000's with their forum architecture. We shouldn't have to go to the last page in a topic to see something posted within the last YEAR.

Just now, Brad McConnell said:

I think the subject line says it all.  You may have your fans, but you guys really SUCK at running a forum.  There were script kiddies from the 90's that managed things better than this.  Is it really that hard to index active support articles at the top?  

My apologies - I did type it with correct capitalization, but since we're on the old way of doing things, it capitalized the entire subject line.  

That an opinion.

I have a different opinion. I prefer knowing what is the issue, then what is the solution. Two main reasons :

• for the users doing the actual support, that is much more useful
  • for the users looking for a solution to their problems, I find it better to be certain that the support thread is matching my symptoms, not trying some random "solutions"
  • Like 2

If I understand the complaint, things already work the way desired by the user, though maybe not obvious to them how to use this particular forum software.

The threads most recently posted to in each subforum are already sorted at the top most recent first, below any pinned topics. And you can always go directly to that most recent post in any thread by clicking on the timestamp for the post at the right of the listing. Or you can go directly to the first unread post in any thread by clicking on ball (or star if you have posted in the thread) at left next to the title of the thread.

• 3 months later...

I think it will be better if the application support are setup per forum/channel, instead of current per thread.  Most of the application support threads are 20+ pages with people posting different issues over a long period of time.

I often finding myself reading all of it to prevent myself asking the same question all over again.  If each application have its own forum/channel, each issue can have its own thread and makes finding solutions much easier.  the current setup adds further complications when two or more people discussing seperate topics about the same application.

• Like 1