Errors to disk - Relatively new disk

tential

4 hours ago, trurl said:
197 Current_Pending_Sector  -O--C-   088   088   000    -    4072
198 Offline_Uncorrectable   ----C-   088   088   000    -    4072

Run an extended SMART test on the disk

I think it's disconnected somehow?

Smartctl open device: /dev/sdt failed: No such device

I ran a smart test and it gave me that.   Do I need to reseat the drive or am I out of power to run this?

20 drives, 2 SSDs, dual Xeons, all on 900-1000W server PSU?

7 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Do it if it still doesn't come up after a power cycle.

Trying now

Just further info, I have a 500GB HDD that is VERY old in my system, it used to show up and now doesn't.  It could have just died (I've transported the HDD a lot in boxes of junk and it's jostled around quite a bit), but maybe something is wrong with my backplane?  

I finished the reboot and SMART report.  It ran without needing a reseat.  Here it is attached.  Drive is still being emulated currently.

tower-smart-20211114-0420.zip

Edited by tential
5 hours ago, trurl said:

That one didn't complete. You will have to disable spindown on the disk to get it to complete.

It stayed stuck at 10% last time before showing complete.  I disabled spindown and spun up the drive and still, same thing.  Looks like I need to reseat the drive?

Edit: 

It's saying errors occurred, check Smart report this time. I've attached it.

tower-smart-20211114-1323.zip

Edited by tential
On 11/15/2021 at 1:51 AM, JorgeB said:

Test failed, disk should be replaced.

Is there any chance the actual port is bad and could fry a new drive? When I took the drive out to reseat it, I saw a huge piece of lint(Piece of my sweatpants) somehow was logged there.  No idea how this happened.  It's been my parity drive for a long while now, so I can't understand how that happened.  Also had a mouse in my place and see evidence the mouse was around my server (Gross, very sad).

Just wondering since my 500GB drive doesn't show up anymore as well, but I'm guessing that was also on its last legs and died too.  It was quite old and I stored it in a huge box of junk that I've moved a lot of times, without care to the 500GB drive, since I didn't think it even worked, but it did.  Too bad I didn't salvage the data.

Edited by tential