Array has started with no data on drives (works after reboot)

BoKKeR

Well something weird just happened. I logged into my unraid remotely as I noticed that my container was not running. The array was down. No biggie I thought to myself. I will just start it again. upon doing that I noticed that the array had no data on it at all.

The base folders were there but the data was gone. The size of used drives still showed up but there was no data to be found.

I did a restart and entered my encryption password again. Now the array started properly with all the data on it. Scary stuff

unraid-diagnostics-20211201-1625.zip

Your syslog has this

Dec  1 14:08:51 unraid emhttpd: error: share_luks_status, 5995: Operation not supported (95): getxattr: /mnt/user/vm_nocache

right after the array and cache pool have mounted, and similar several times later, but doesn't look like it ever tried to mount user shares. Something to do with encryption no doubt.

One more thing to note. I managed to write some data (partial download using deluge) to the array when it was in this state.

Upon restarting when I got back all my data the partial downloads were still present. 

Meaning that the data I wrote to the ghost array persisted to the real array after restart. 

I cant restart in safe mode as I am abroad

Edited by BoKKeR