got warning warning warning warning error in the logs. as i was trying to add a 2nd drive to a cache pool

comet424

i was trying to add a 2nd drive to my one cache pool a spinner 2tb with my 2tb ssd  as i had it kicking around ant it was full and using my array..

i added it to my lan cache pool   and hit mount    and it was taking longer time to mount  wouldnt mount..  i check the logs..   and i get 

warning warning warning...  doesnt say whats it warning about?    does it say anything?  and my cache pools are blank..

it comes back  if i refresh  5 times or so   but if i got from one page to back to main  its blank 

does it say anything going on?

and what is a CPU Tainted Error?

i currently doing a reboot to see if it will mount faster and no errors hopefully  

update:   it wont let me reboot.. not even from the terminal   and i type in reboot

seems the system is stuck in endless loop

unraid error 1.PNG

unraid error 2.PNG

unraid error 3.PNG

tower-diagnostics-20211214-0927.zip

Edited by comet424

Btrfs crashed during the initial balance, this suggests there was some existing corruption in that filesystem, best bet is to backup and re-format the pool, some recovery options here if needed, you need to reboot, likely will need to force it, and if the pool crashes on next mount reboot again and try the recovery options before wiping it.

ok ya i had to hit reset button..  it  mounted is running parity check..    the lancache pool is the   lancache docker...  i was wanting to do the spanned    can i simply just   use mover to move or krusader to move the lancache to the array?  

another question...   i  chose 2tb ssd   so  a HD wouldnt be spinning but could i use a 6TB drive with 512 or its 250 meg cache..  and  keep hd spin up downs..  i choose ssd  so i wouldnt have it writting to the array  and to save a hard drive.. but wonder if ia HD is good enough?

i use it mostly for Epic Games   as if i reinstall windows i loose the games and you have to re download all the games from scratch...  so i just use the cache for epic  and Windows Updates 

and thanks ill check out the options

so it looks like its all mounted... and it did a Raid 0  automaticlly i didnt need to do anything figured it choose the Mirror option?

its doing a parity check at the moment... but is there any errors it showing  here is the diaganostic after   its all mounted...  i figure ill let the parity check go on

and does parity check ever check  cache pools?

tower-diagnostics-20211214-1003.zip

1 hour ago, comet424 said:

and it did a Raid 0  automaticlly

It's in single mode, since it crashed before the balance started, and it will likely crash again if you try to balance again, my recommendation is still to backup and restore.

1 hour ago, comet424 said:

and does parity check ever check  cache pools?

No.

ah ok  learn something new everyday

and do you guys recommend  for a lancache pool  just a spanned  or mirrored?

its just for epic games and windows updates..

and do you guys recomend   2 ssds  for Docker/appdata/system      and 2nd one for VMS

or keep them all on same ssd?

for performance etc

Edited by comet424

i used the mover  to start moving the lancache  to the array....  but so far it hasnt done anything  since yesterday  24 hours no i guess...    at 2.9 million files to move

how long is it going to take?   

is there a way to see the current status of the mover?

so then i can reformat my lancache

or should i cancel the move and use krusader?

and yes i said it move files from cache to array in the lancahe folder

Edited by comet424

ah ok  thatr be a good feature request  unless someone has already requested it

see the current status  where it is.. if its   Not Responding    like windows does... as you have no idea whats it doing..

ill wait till tomorrow see if its done anything before i try krusader....

i apprecaite it 🙂