Unraid - Sync errors not getting corrected (Ran parity 3-4 times)

Matthews

Hi yall

I have ran parity 3-4 times now, ran smart reports on drives if any are bad. Nothing.

The only thing that is left is memory, bad sata cable. I have ran mem test before, nothing came up (didnt do it atm yet no time). Checked sata/power connections all good. 

Running parity, which states there are 41 errors, to fix those problems. Yet after running parity and yes i checked the "write corrections to parity" option, but after it finishes it states 41 sync errors. 

Im lost. I am about to do a parity swap & a data drive swap and I am waiting only bcs of these errors floating around!

Anyone knows what the issue is for sync errors not getting corrected?

h30-diagnostics-20211216-1046.zip

56 minutes ago, itimpi said:

Just a FYI - if you install the Parity Check Tuning plugin than (even if you do not use its pause/resume features) the Parity History entries will include extra information such as what type of check was run.

Thanks, Ill try checking it out. 

I am currently tho trying to remove plugins as I am having complete freezes while in normal mode, and can only do parity in Safe mode safely as it does not cause crashes. I am assuming one of the plugins is messing with stability, im assuming not a hardware issue (maybe ram) since it does i nicely in Safe mode.

I always had a feeling that controller will be a pain in the ass -.-

Do you have any suggestions as to what are good & reliable that are plug & play (without updating any FW and such) but also not to expensive ones?

This is a NAS built from spare parts that I had laying around and I have a limited budget atm since i just bought disks!

3 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Not that one, it's a Marvell, search for ASM1164 or JMB585

Thank you! 

Just ordered a JMB585 one! Hope it works well with my hw.

Unplugged both new drives since they were hooked up to the old controller (with multipliers)! Will move all disks off the controller and now I wait for the new controller!