UPS sensitivity too long

Vetteman

I've gotten into the habbit of checking my syslog every morning even if my Unraid server did not abend or is hung.

This morning I noticed these two entries in my syslog. 

Dec 26 04:40:01 KENSPLACE apcupsd[9234]: apcupsd exiting, signal 15
Dec 26 04:40:01 KENSPLACE apcupsd[9234]: apcupsd shutdown succeeded
Dec 26 04:40:04 KENSPLACE apcupsd[6953]: apcupsd 3.14.14 (31 May 2016) slackware startup succeeded
Dec 26 04:40:04 KENSPLACE apcupsd[6953]: NIS server startup succeeded

I suspect I may need to lower my sensitivity settings as I have four computers in my computer room. All have their own APC upses. Besides the Unraid server, I have a Linux (Zorin-Os 16) and two Windows 10 Home 64 bit computers. In the APC software I had to lower the sensitivity from high to medium as I was getting warnings of a possible brown out, but the Windows computers remained stable. 

Is my assumption of the syslog correct and I need to lower my sensitivity settings?

If so how do I do this in Unraid?

I checked my ups settings in Unraid and see no way to do this? 

I did refer to the manual but it is not specific to Unraid and more a generic to Linux.

And I understand editing the ups conf files will not be saved after each Unraid reboot.

Cheers & Seasons Greetings to ALL

UPS-Unraid.PNG

• 1 month later...

Today it's a very windy day in Nova Scotia and we are getting power flucuations. Lights blinking, etc. My Unraid server has been shutting down each time I get a power flucuation however my Windows and Zorin computers have been fine. However in the past I had the same issue with them and had to lower my sensitivity settings for my APC UPSes. 

Each computer has their own UPS. Is there a way to lower the UPS settings in Unraid?

Thanks very much...