Unassigned Drive Dropping Out

Tim Mac

Hi,

I am running a drive outside of the array using the unassigned devices plugin to record security footage. I am facing an issue where after a random amount of time, could be minutes or hours, the drive will drop out and seem to be unreachable. I have run extended smart scans on the drive and nothing comes back as wrong. 

Fairly new to unraid so please let me know if any other info is required. 

Thanks!

unraid-diagnostics-20220112-1059.zip

Thanks @Squid and @JorgeB. I have just swapped the sata cable and power. For power I am using a splitter, 1 to 4, not sure if that could have any impact. For now I plugged that splitter into another power line coming out of the 1000W psu. Also good tip on the cache pool, I'll try that. 

Is there a way to narrow the problem down to power? 

@JorgeB

I am seeing issues all over the place now and having trouble sorting out what is what. How did you guys identify which drive is reporting errors in the logs? I am seeing logs with errors referencing ata4.00 for example. I see a line near the beginning of the logs like this

ata4.00: ATA-10: WDC WD60EFAX-68JH4N1,      WD-WX42D51800SC, 83.00A83, max UDMA/133

Does this mean "ata4.00" represents that drive with sn WD60EFAX-68JH4N1? 

Thanks

2 minutes ago, Tim Mac said:

@JorgeB

I am seeing issues all over the place now and having trouble sorting out what is what. How did you guys identify which drive is reporting errors in the logs? I am seeing logs with errors referencing ata4.00 for example. I see a line near the beginning of the logs like this

ata4.00: ATA-10: WDC WD60EFAX-68JH4N1,      WD-WX42D51800SC, 83.00A83, max UDMA/133

Does this mean "ata4.00" represents that drive with sn WD60EFAX-68JH4N1? 

Thanks

That's the model number, serial number is ending 00SC