SABnzbd, Sickbeard, and CouchPotato Shell Script Installer

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Jeff and Neil! I'm trying to set up SABnzbd and can't find a working usenet server in step 3 of the wizard... All this SABnzbd, Sickbeard, and CouchPotato stuff is new to me and I'm just trying to find out what it's all about... is it worth all the trouble compared to torrents?

You need to sign up for a nzb indexing site for $8/yr and a usenet site for $96/yr so it really isn't that big an outlay of cash. I'm using unsenetserver and nzbmatrix. Search for usenet deals instead of using their direct site offers, because you can't find the $96/yr by going direct to the company. Actually, go to the Sickbeard site and sign up through that which gives a little kickback to the Sickbeard developer.

You add all the TV shows you want to watch in Sickbeard and then they are just taken care of. It's makes it stupidly simple, really. You don't have to do a thing and $100/yr is cheap to stop wasting an hour here and 2 hours there. Sickbeard is supposed to do torrents but I've never tried it. The IT guy at work here basically said "yeah, but I just download for free so I'm not paying" until I convinced him to try Sickbeard and we share the usenet acoount now.

Peter

Hi folks,

Its great to hear all the intricacies about Usenet and such but lets leave that out in another thread. Lets keep the thread focused on this script.

Ok i figured it out, chmod of cache to 777 and it works so far.

Spylex can you give me more details? When did you have to do the chmod and what did you chmod?

Is it a command that needs to be added to the script or more of a note to the original post (ie if you use a cache drive chmod it).

thanks,

dpc

Hmm there should not be any complications because this script is very similar to the unMenu package. Perhaps you need to check the permissions on your download folder, incomplete, tmp folders.

Also if i understand correctly it should not matter under what user you install it under - the script runs the applications as nobody user.

~dpc

I'm having the same problem as spylex, although chmod'ing everything in _cache hasn't fixed it. I see in rc.unraid_sabnzbd you have it starting as nobody. When I run python sabnzbd.py as root it works just fine.

Scratching my head on this one as to why chmod 777 won't work.

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for the awesome script, I pointed the multicore par2 to your mirror and everything seems to have installed fine on 4.7 final. My setup is 22 disk, with 1 - 2.5 inch disk as a system disk and 1 - 2.5 disk as cache disk. Everything was installed on my system disk, and seems to be running fine. I will test further later on in the week and report back. The rest of the 20 disk will be used in a unraid disk array.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...