MCE Memory Error Filling Logs

Recently my syslog has been filling up within a few days, and it's because of a MCE Memory Error (shown in the logs). I just took a snippet but this error happens once a second and quickly balloons the log. It doesn't start immediately on server startup but it doesn't take too long to start seeing it.

I've done some research and i thought it was just a bad stick of RAM...but I've now replaced both sticks I had in there and I'm still seeing this same issue. At this point I'm wondering if it's either a bad slot or something else.

Any advice?

mce-syslog.txt

16 minutes ago, trurl said:

Looks like a real RAM problem, either stick or slot or running out-of-spec.

Have you done memtest? Try each stick one at a time in each slot.

When I first encountered the problem I did test 1 stick at a time and i thought it was obvious that one stick had issues but then after I replaced that stick, i realized the other stick was also causing the error. I do think I bought all 4 sticks from the same ebay merchant so there is a possibility that he's just selling bad sticks, but their rep doesn't indicate this is likely.

I don't think I've done memtest so I will try that.

18 hours ago, JonathanM said:

Are you running the RAM at the CPU rated spec or the XMP profile?

I haven't modified any RAM settings so whatever the CPU set is what it's running at.

I'll try bootable memtest this weekend and see what the results are.