Disk shares listed as wrong type

Two of my disk shares are being listed as being "not installed" in the Array Devices tab. The Disk Shares tab list these two share types as being  SSD. However, these two shares are hard disk drives. I have no idea as to how this happened. What do I need to do to correct this?

I have two hard drives which are not being mounted by the Unraid OS. However, I can read the contents of these two drives using Windows explorer. While reviewing my disk share settings, I notice the two drives in question are identified as SSD shares and I think they should be listed as HDD's. Whatever the cause, these two hard drives should be recognized by the OS. Any help will be appreciated. I have attached two

shares settngs.png

unraid hdd not recognized.png

tower-diagnostics-20220702-1737.zip

I don't know why those are shown as SSDs in Disk Shares, and I'm not sure its relevant. The disks are not being seen. Can you see them in BIOS?

Even though missing, both disks are being emulated since you have dual parity, so that is why they can be seen in Disk Shares, and why their contents are available.

Unrelated, but why are you still using ReiserFS? And I don't recommend enabling disk shares.

Thanks, Trurl for the reply.  Since I can read the contents of these two drives I'm wondering if updating the OS would take of this problem?  If not, any suggestions as to what may be causing these drives to not be recognize. As to why I am still using ReiserFFS I started using unraid about 2003 and have updated the software on a regular basis. What I  have is a result of these upgrades.   I have really not paid any attention to this since it just works as is. Perhaps I should look into this.

The two drives in question are not showing in the bios. However, I can still read and write  to them using Windows file explorer.  I can also play the files with Kodi.  There is something going on here I don't understand.  I'm wondering if  somehow  this behavior is a result reading from the parity drives .  I could check the drives, but not sure how to do this

2 hours ago, Two Wire said:

The two drives in question are not showing in the bios. However, I can still read and write  to them using Windows file explorer.  I can also play the files with Kodi.  There is something going on here I don't understand.  I'm wondering if  somehow  this behavior is a result reading from the parity drives .  I could check the drives, but not sure how to do this

That is exactly what the parity system does, it uses all the rest of the data drives plus the parity drives to emulate the missing drives, precisely as if they were still there.

If you can't get the physical drives to respond, you have to assume they failed, and must be replaced. You really need to remove the drives and check in another system if the SATA and power leads in your server have been checked.

Hey Guys, Thanks for your help and advice. I have one more question.

I bought two HDD's and plan to replace the two drives which appear to be faulty. In the past I used preclear before I added a new disk. Now, I can't seem to find that option. From reading the forum I understand this can be done automatically. My question now is, can I replace these drives one at a time.and not loose parity. I don't want to do both at the same time. I have dual parity.

Once again. thanks for helping this old guy out.

Preclear is not required, as the drives will be fully overwritten with the emulated data during the rebuild.

Since you have 2 failed drives currently, you are not protected from another failure until you get at least 1 of the drives rebuilt successfully. I can't see a reason not to rebuild both at the same time.