VM Crashing

On my system I have an M.2 SSD that I use with Unassigned Devices and store my 2 VM imgs (C and D).

M.2 is formatted to btrfs.

in the VM C.img bus is virtio and I also tried scsi with no lock.

And my problem is that when I play some games they cause the M.2 drive to disappear from the Unassigned Devices and the windows to crash.

Thanks for responding. I mean, I can’t find out how to even build the VM. Sorry if I hijacked the thread but is there a video guide or anything to help with building a Win 10 VM?
[I seen @SpaceInvaderOne videos (which helped me when I built on 6.8) but nothing really works and I’m not sure where to begin]. Thank you 🙏🏽 

UPDATE: the documents pertaining to VM's on Unraid are here: https://wiki.unraid.net/Manual under VM Management & VM Guest Support

Edited by xlucero1
Update: Answer to my question
Jul 26 21:22:50 Tower kernel: nvme nvme0: controller is down; will reset: CSTS=0xffffffff, PCI_STATUS=0x10
Jul 26 21:22:50 Tower kernel: blk_update_request: I/O error, dev nvme0n1, sector 627533784 op 0x0:(READ) flags 0x80700 phys_seg 1 prio class 0
Jul 26 21:22:50 Tower kernel: nvme 0000:02:00.0: enabling device (0000 -> 0002)
Jul 26 21:22:50 Tower kernel: nvme nvme0: Removing after probe failure status: -19

NVMe device dropped offline, this can sometimes help:

Some NVMe devices have issues with power states on Linux, try this, on the main GUI page click on flash, scroll down to "Syslinux Configuration", make sure it's set to "menu view" (on the top right) and add this to your default boot option, after "append initrd=/bzroot"

nvme_core.default_ps_max_latency_us=0

e.g.:

append initrd=/bzroot nvme_core.default_ps_max_latency_us=0

Reboot and see if it makes a difference.

P.S. server is running out of RAM, you should limit resources.

9 hours ago, JorgeB said:
Jul 26 21:22:50 Tower kernel: nvme nvme0: controller is down; will reset: CSTS=0xffffffff, PCI_STATUS=0x10
Jul 26 21:22:50 Tower kernel: blk_update_request: I/O error, dev nvme0n1, sector 627533784 op 0x0:(READ) flags 0x80700 phys_seg 1 prio class 0
Jul 26 21:22:50 Tower kernel: nvme 0000:02:00.0: enabling device (0000 -> 0002)
Jul 26 21:22:50 Tower kernel: nvme nvme0: Removing after probe failure status: -19

NVMe device dropped offline, this can sometimes help:

Some NVMe devices have issues with power states on Linux, try this, on the main GUI page click on flash, scroll down to "Syslinux Configuration", make sure it's set to "menu view" (on the top right) and add this to your default boot option, after "append initrd=/bzroot"

nvme_core.default_ps_max_latency_us=0

e.g.:

append initrd=/bzroot nvme_core.default_ps_max_latency_us=0

Reboot and see if it makes a difference.

P.S. server is running out of RAM, you should limit resources.

i did add the nvme_core.default_ps_max_latency_us=0 and still crashed my vmtower-diagnostics-20220727-2232.zip

• 2 weeks later...