We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

DOCKER.IMG sits on both CACHE & share Disk4 ?

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Not sure why but I've got two docker.img files, one sitting on the cache drive and one on the array disk4.  Last modified date of the disk4 file is back in Nov2021 which suggests its no in use.

How can I resolve this issue & end up with one docker.img file on the cache ? (Without having to rebuild the containers).  Thanks

I tried changing system share setting Use Cache Pool from pefer to yes, stoping docker & invoking mover but no change. 

image.thumb.png.076332b28f9b7887e571113422e9e975.png

image.thumb.png.7d130403a31f7e8ba2e2ce8858076fb6.png

image.thumb.png.51d4ced7e87bfea6551f16317eb9e10c.png

Probably you enabled docker when you didn't have cache for some reason.

5 minutes ago, Johnyb62 said:

changing system share setting Use Cache Pool from pefer to yes, stoping docker & invoking mover but no change. 

Fortunately not. Nothing can move open files, mover won't move duplicates, and you didn't want it to do that anyway since it would try to move TO the array.

You can delete as mentioned, but wonder if you don't have other things needing fixing, like appdata with files on the array for example.

attach diagnostics to your NEXT post in this thread.

52 minutes ago, Johnyb62 said:

Was just concerned as the unraid OS showed the two locations of that file deleting may cause issues

If a file exists in multiple locations then Unraid will normally give one priority and ignore the others.    I believe that the search order is pools (in alphabetical order) and then array drives in ascending drive slot order.

• Like 1