Help - Read-Check will take 176 Days to complete.

That screenshot showing SMART healthy was useful, saves me from having to look at all those other disks.

It was complaining about the filesystem on disk9 when you started the array but I think it may have fixed that since I don't see that later on like I do for disks 1 and 5.

As mentioned, connection problems with disk1 and 9, but no connection problem with disk5.

Do you have a spare disk you can use to rebuild disk1? You could rebuild onto that same disk since it looks OK, but rebuilding to a spare gives more options in case of problems during rebuild.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, StewLoft said:

I can pull one from another computer. What are the steps to rebuild?

How large is the spare? It needs to be at least as large as disk1 but no larger than parity2.

Before rebuild, we always like to repair filesystems, since rebuild is going to result in exactly what is emulated, and emulated disk1 was logging some corruption even though it mounted.

Check filesystem on disk1. Be sure to capture the output so you can post it.

2 minutes ago, StewLoft said:

The spare is a 4TB WD Red. Should I put it in place of disc1 now?

Do have enough ports to install it and leave original disk1 in? That will make it easier if we need to do anything with the original disk1, and it will allow us to check SMART for the spare if you put it in before getting diagnostics.

Don't assign either disk.