Rootfs is getting full (currently 95% used) - please help

If you didn't have so much memory you would have filled it long ago, probably making OS erratic since it wouldn't have any space to work in.

As mentioned, this is often caused by a container host path that isn't actual storage. When you create a container, the webUI allows you to select host paths, better if you choose from your user shares (/mnt/user subfolders) instead of trying to type something in.

Maybe you also have the other docker path related problem as well, since I see you have 50G docker.img. Have you had problems filling it? 20G is often more than enough.

On 8/23/2022 at 10:01 AM, trurl said:

If you didn't have so much memory you would have filled it long ago, probably making OS erratic since it wouldn't have any space to work in.

As mentioned, this is often caused by a container host path that isn't actual storage. When you create a container, the webUI allows you to select host paths, better if you choose from your user shares (/mnt/user subfolders) instead of trying to type something in.

Maybe you also have the other docker path related problem as well, since I see you have 50G docker.img. Have you had problems filling it? 20G is often more than enough.

At times yes, I had newer containers that had just been released that spewed logs. I've also played with multiple implements of the same thing and had lots of containers going and bumped up against the 20g limit.

1 minute ago, eagle470 said:

No I did not. 

Now things are running ungodly slow. The whole system. Apps aren't loading or being responsive, I can't even pull diagnostics things are so slow.

Even the terminal is unusable.

A reboot seems to have fixed it. I have no clue what is going on. I downed the server to put in better fans. something did not load right at start up.

20 hours ago, eagle470 said:

A reboot seems to have fixed it.

Reboot clears RAM of course, rootfs is in RAM, and after boot it only contains the OS folders. But any folders you create by specifying a path that isn't mounted storage is going to to be in rootfs and fill it again.

20 hours ago, eagle470 said:

Now things are running ungodly slow. The whole system. Apps aren't loading or being responsive, I can't even pull diagnostics things are so slow.

Even the terminal is unusable.

On 8/23/2022 at 11:01 AM, trurl said:

making OS erratic since it wouldn't have any space to work in.

So reboot didn't fix it, it is going to fill again until you figure out what you have done wrong.

Which dockers do you use?