We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

Some shared folders not showing in Windows 10

Erich
Go to solution Solved by Erich,

I have created a share in Unraid. This share has 6 folders. I can see and access 5 out of 6 of those folders in Windows 10 Pro. They all have the same permissions, etc. Why can I not see the 6th folder? I was able to see and access it for some time, but then it just disappeared. Also I can access it by typing in \\server\share\foldername in windows explorer. I just can't see the folder in the list of folders when I go to the share in Explorer. How do I fix this?

The permissions are what one would expect to see for all of the directories.  I am at a loss to explain what is going on at this point.

Do you have another Windows computer that you could use to look at this share?    (Just wondering if something got set on that Windows setup that is blocking display of that directory...)

• Solution

I think I discovered the problem and solution. I was using Robocopy on Windows 10 to copy my files over to the unRAID server. However Robocopy is known to cause the destination folder to become hidden as a result of it changing the folders attributes.

Here is some info about this issue: 

https://www.mickputley.net/2013/10/robocopy-creates-folder-that-is-hidden.html

Hope this helps someone else in the future.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2