Mover will not remove files from cache drive

9 minutes ago, BrunoVic said:

That worked but what caused this in the first place? How can I avoid this?

Without more information about what was filling up the drive and the share settings related to that content t is impossible to say.

Have you made sure you have set a Minimum Free Space setting for the cache to be larger than the biggest file you expect to be there? 

2 hours ago, Daniel87F said:

last 20GB from the cache won't go to the array

Have you checked what files these are?  If so then mentioning which ones they are might allow us to give you some guidance.   Note that the used space on the cache will never go to zero due to the file system overhead once the drive has been formatted.

On 8/25/2022 at 2:36 PM, itimpi said:

Without more information about what was filling up the drive and the share settings related to that content t is impossible to say.

Have you made sure you have set a Minimum Free Space setting for the cache to be larger than the biggest file you expect to be there? 

I've identified the problem. So once I stopped using my cache drive all together my array just maxed out 5.1TB. After doing more research I narrowed it down to a docker container (unifi) that stored 5.1TB of logs. That's what cause the cache drive to max out and since it was smaller than the array it maxed out quicker than the array itself.

12 hours ago, trurl said:

Why do you want appdata, domains, system shares on the array? Same question for OP.

Dockers/VMs will perform better with them on fast pool (cache), and if they are on the array, array disks can't spin down since these files are always open.

I needed it on the array because something was maxing out my cache drive and those where the only things using the cache drive at the time. Seeing how the docker containers are in the appdata folder and one of my docker containers went crazy writing 5.1TB of logs this would explains why when appdata was on the cache drive it was maxing out.

15 hours ago, itimpi said:

Have you checked what files these are?  If so then mentioning which ones they are might allow us to give you some guidance.   Note that the used space on the cache will never go to zero due to the file system overhead once the drive has been formatted.

I haven't, I actually didn't realise there was overhead for the cache. I'll take a look. Thanks for the useful tip! 

1 hour ago, Daniel87F said:

I actually didn't realise there was overhead for the cache

There is always an overhead the moment you format a drive (whether it is a pool or the array) as the empty file system structures are created.   It is typically something like 1 to 1.5 percent of the total size of the drive although the overhead varies according to the details of the file system type selected.   This applies to all systems, not just Unraid.