1KB/s reads every 30 sec on every disk on array

You will need to disable things one at a time to narrow it down. Start by bringing up the local GUI to watch the status and disconnecting the network cable. Next increment would be disable the docker and VM services, not just stopping the containers and guest OS's. Since it's happening every 30 seconds it shouldn't take long to rule things in or out.

Hi, thank you so much for your reply. I would have come back to you sooner but I've been unable to boot in GUI mode and I thought it would be a quick fix but it's proving to be harder than I first thought, something must have changed with the 6.10 update. I have onboard graphics using igpu with 12600k, hence he issue (I think).

22 hours ago, JonathanM said:

Try 6.11 rc4

I tried within unraid but something went wrong with the update (I guess) and it then wouldn't boot. I decided with that and my initial problem, just to start from scratch. So I updated using the usb creator and now everything is fine with the added benefit of support for 12th gen igpu. Probably not the right way to solve the problem but solved nonetheless. From now on I'll keep an eye on the disks to see if it happens again I'll know what I've recently changed. I'll also be keeping regular flash backups. Thanks for your help.

Appdata, domains, isos and system should all be on the cache drive only, I didn't want any of those on the array. When I completely reinstalled unraid I had those shares on my cache drive which were not touched, I then deleted the new versions of those shares from the new install of unraid so that I could use my existing shares... if that make sense. I messed up, didn't I?

Screenshot_20220901-141149_Chrome.jpg

4 minutes ago, Rockyranger said:

I then deleted the new versions of those shares from the new install of unraid so that I could use my existing shares... if that make sense. I messed up, didn't I?

Sounds like it :(  If the cache drive was assigned then Unraid would have automatically picked up the files for those shares from the cache drive (regardless of any of you share settings) so deleting the shares would be deleting from the cache drive.

If cache was missing for some reason, and the array was started with Docker and/or VM Manager enabled in Settings, then those shares would have been created on the array.

Since you have Dynamix File Manager plugin installed you can use it to figure out which version you want to keep, delete the other, move if necessary. You will have to disable Docker and VM Manager in Settings before you can work with these shares.

I have another issue. I tried to add another cache drive as I wanted two separate cache. I added it as a pool by mistake, I then created a separate pool and added them separately so I had two cache pools now. As they were acting as one pool before, they had the same data on, I deleted the data off of the new one - it deleted from both! (even though they're separate pools). After I got over the fact that I have to install/set up everything again I restarted so that unraid could build the share folders again and both pools are acting as one, I have the shares on both caches but on the share tab they are only assigned to cache 1.

diagnostics-20220904-1837.zip