Four disk array , single parity , 20k errors on two disk,

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

I accidentally nudge a power cable from the box while cleaning causing a shutdown. When i turned it back on it had disconnected disk 2 and had errors in disk 1 after a little tinkering was able to fix disk 1's using xfs repair and rebuild disk 2 back on it self. 

Parity was completed and it seemed fine but i was greeted with 20k's worth of errors on both disk. 

I am new to unraid an have little experience with how everything  works.

Attached  are diagnostic files.

tower-diagnostics-20220906-2048.zip

Edited by Alpha2011

Ok understood marvel controler is not a good choice.  Huat ordered an LSI 9207 I8.  Until then how can I have the server up and running, or do I have to wait for the hba and then kick it up again?  In any case what are the steps to fix thoses errors?

Edited by Alpha2011

Click on the disk to get to its Settings page, set Spin down delay to Never. In the Self-Test section (probably where you got that SMART report from), click the Start button next to SMART extended self-test.

You can check back there later, it will give you updates in 10% increments. Could take 12 or more hours to complete 6TB unless it decides the disk is bad before it completes.

On 9/17/2022 at 8:09 PM, trurl said:

Click on the disk to get to its Settings page, set Spin down delay to Never. In the Self-Test section (probably where you got that SMART report from), click the Start button next to SMART extended self-test.

You can check back there later, it will give you updates in 10% increments. Could take 12 or more hours to complete 6TB unless it decides the disk is bad before it completes.

Ok understood.  

Running the test.  

It's been in 10% for a while. 

Update :  Experiencing a total black out where i live. Will wait for power to be restored and complete all test. 

Thank you for time 

Edited by Alpha2011
Area condition update.
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Everything looks good, log is clean, just cannot see if the disks are mounting since the rebuild was done in maintenance mode, start the array in normal mode, if all disks are mounting you are done, if not post new diags.

Had a problem with the xfs filesystem. 

Was able to fix it in unraid. 

I have a large set of folders in lost+found.  

But it is running pretty good. 

Thank all for the help. 

• Like 1